Re: [Tails-dev] [gsoc] tails-greeter progress report

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] [gsoc] tails-greeter progress report
24.06.2011 12:34, intrigeri пишет:

> My pylint reports no error. Beware not letting the pile of warnings
> grow bigger and bigger, else it will prove difficult to sort these out
> once the code is bigger, working and lacking a testsuite.

Indeed, no more errors. I've corrected wiki entry. The thing about warnings is that
many of them are related to the parts of code which we do not use or even do not plan
to use so there is not my point in correcting them right now. I'll try to fix them
gradually although I guess it's rather low-priority task atm and I'll try to keep the
warnings to the minimum in new code.

> I didn't get it working. Seems like it depends on some kind of
> USER_CONFIG (USER_CONFIG = '/home/users/%s.user') configuration file,
> whose exact path and content isn't documented on TailsGreeter/install;
> when I click one of the languages button, nothing interesting happens
> and :0-greeter.log displays:

Ahh, great that you've found it, thanks!
Should be fixed with latest git push.

> Please explain in the design doc what current limitation requires the
> supported languages list (I guess this is what you mean by "locales")
> to be known at build time. Please also sum up what possible solutions
> you've thought of along with their pros and cons.

I've updated design page. Should be clearer now.

> I don't think so, see above. You indeed updated this early in the
> week, but the testing instructions must be *kept* up-to-date.

Updated install instructions recently.

> Great idea. Have you already tried reaching the developer(s)?

Yes, although it happened more "early morning" than "late night" due to time
difference :)
As a result login is working now although not via BeginAutoLogin feature but through
"regular" user-auth procedure (hardcoded user & password). I've tested BeginAutoLogin
and it works too so probably I'll use it in near future.

Anyway, I have a question on "add .deb to tails repo" - how to do it?
Do we integrate source package?

I've also added note about dpkg-divert - I'll take a look how to integrate it into
.deb: now when we have working logon procedure it actually make sense to do earlier :)

cheers,
Max.