[amnesia-news] version 0.7.2

Author: News
To: amnesia-news
Subject: [amnesia-news] version 0.7.2
The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.7.2, is out.

This is a bugfix-only release mainly aimed at fixing serious security issues in bundled software. All users must upgrade as soon as possible.

# Changes

Notable user-visible changes include:

* Iceweasel

    * Disable Torbutton's external application launch warning. ... which advises using Tails. Tails _is_ running Tails.
    * FoxyProxy: install from Debian instead of the older one we previously shipped.

* Software

    * Upgrade Linux kernel to Debian's 2.6.32-34squeeze1: fixes tons of bugs, closes a few security holes at well.
    * haveged: install an official Debian backport instead of a custom backport.
    * unrar: install the version from Debian's non-free repository. Users report unrar-free does not work well enough.

Plus the usual bunch of minor bug reports and improvements.

See the [online Changelog][1] for technical details.

# I want to try it / to upgrade!

See the [Getting started][2] page.

# A glimpse towards the future

Were do we go from here? Have a look to our [roadmap][3] to see where we are heading to.

Would you want to help? As explained in our ["how to contribute" documentation][4], here are many ways **you** can contribute to Tails: no need to be a hardcore developer.

[1]: http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/changelog;hb=refs/tags/0.7.2
[2]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../getting_started/
[3]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/roadmap/
[4]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/