Re: [Tails-dev] doc: a bunch of remarks

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] doc: a bunch of remarks
Hi again,

>> - some code run by ikiwiki while compiling the pages (that sounds
>> like the cooler option but I had a quick look at the existing
>> ikiwiki plugins and I didn't find anything like this),

> I'm implementing this using ikiwiki's template plugin. I hope to
> push something today.

I failed implementing it this way but nevertheless pushed something
that is, I think, much better than what we previously had.
Here it is: 7e6cfb7..d159c75

Short version: on release time, we need to update a few tiny one-line
files in wiki/src/inc/ (which could even be automated at some point if
we still find it too painful) rather than version-dependent
information disseminated all over the wiki. Also, almost all
version-dependent information isn't exposed to the translators anymore
which avoids new releases fuzzy'ing strings... and translators
possibly messing with stuff they should not mess with. The sidebar now
is built using information found in inc/ too. The only piece of
information in inc/ that deserved being made translatable is the
release date.

sajolida: please be kind enough to add inc/* to the list of locked
pages, when you'll get to it.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>