Re: [Tails-dev] doc: a bunch of remarks

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] doc: a bunch of remarks
Hi,

sajolida wrote (14 May 2011 21:40:35 GMT) :
> El 08/05/11 21:06, intrigeri escribió:
>>
>> ,----
>> | /download
>> `----
>>
>> I wonder if we should s/Latest release/Latest stable release/. What do
>> others think?

> I think that in the Tails development cycle as I've followed it for the
> last few months there is always one and only one version people should
> use. So I think that adding 'stable' is useless jargon.

Ok.

> Actually, I would be in favor of moving the "Release candidates"
> paragraph out of this page. Since we're clearly saying that it should
> only be used for testing I think it belongs to the "Contribute" section
> instead of the "Download" section.

Ack. I think this move can wait for after the first merge into master,
though.

>> More generally, this page seems to contain tons of stuff that
>> should be updated on every release, which annoys me a bit. But
>> well, if you feel like it makes downloading / explaining really
>> easier, not the end of the world, but contribute/release_process
>> shall be updated accordingly then.
>>
>> What worries me more is... what happens when PowerPC
>> images come back?

> I share your concern.

[...]
> But I recon that I could also sound like a nightmare for the people
> doing the release. So a question I've been willing to ask for a while
> without daring is: do you think I would be possible/a good idea to have
> some code filling up that page at some point? It could be either:

[...]
> - some code run by ikiwiki while compiling the pages (that sounds like
> the cooler option but I had a quick look at the existing ikiwiki plugins
> and I didn't find anything like this),

I'm implementing this using ikiwiki's template plugin. I hope to push
something today.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>