Re: [Tails-dev] merge doc-rework soon?

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] merge doc-rework soon?
El 14/05/11 11:45, intrigeri escribió:
> Hi!
>
> For various reasons I'd like to avoid the doc-rework branch diverging
> too much from the currently online website. I'm happy to see the
> rework process was conducted in an incremental way. I think the
> current state of doc-rework is not far from being mergeable.
>
> A plan could be:
>
> 1. Get it fixed wrt. my last pile of comments [? weeks].

I'll do that this week.

> 2. Have doc-rework reviewed by a few of us [1 week].
> (Optional: 2.1. Give translators some time to translate doc-rework;
> technically, this will need to be done using Git + PO editor only
> as we have no ikiwiki setup built from doc-rework. I wonder if we
> want to insert this step at all actually. Thoughts?)
> 3. Merge doc-rework into master.
> 4. Move on to shiny new doc reworking!
>
> sajolida, others: how does this sound to you ear?

Sounds good to me. It would be nice to have this first round,
corresponding to "What is Tails" + "Getting Tails" + general structure,
merged by the beginning of June.

Regarding the translations they could as well be started after the
merge. That would avoid forcing them to use Git and to deal with too
many last-minute commits.

--
sajolida