Re: [Tails-dev] [T(A)ILS-dev] Connection to public hotspot

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: San Bergmans
Kopio: tails-dev
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] [T(A)ILS-dev] Connection to public hotspot
Hi,

San Bergmans wrote (07 May 2011 15:22:34 GMT) :
> I think the extra unsecured user would be able to fix the problem I
> suppose.

Great.

> Maybe some sort of automated login would be possible using the
> whispr protocol ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WISPr ) whenever Tor
> can't connect to the network itself.

According to the Wikipedia page you're linking to, WISPr was a draft
protocol whose "specification is no longer available from the Wi-Fi
Alliance". Is WISPr actually usable with any real Wi-Fi hotspot?

> Should you need beta testers I'll happily volunteer. I have access
> to the FON network from home and I can test on KPN hotspots here in
> the Netherlands for free too.

Great! I've added a beta testers section to the todo page we are
talking of, and mentioned you there.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>