Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] GSoC application: tails-greeter

Author: M
To: intrigeri
CC: tech, Tor Assistants, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] GSoC application: tails-greeter
12.04.2011 23:15, intrigeri пишет:
> Hi,
>
>> I've not tested any of it, but seems like it should work without
>> modifying the gdm3 package, doesn't it?
>
> Max: the deadline for submitting proposals is over, but the ranking
> period has just begun. I'd still like to know what you think of my
> analysis and conclusions, if possible before Friday.

Pardon for delay - I've been away for short trip.

As I mentioned in latest version of app. - it seems possible to me too: to use
dpkg-divert and thus override some files from gdm3 package with tails-greeter.deb

Of course a) it will require more testing (to make sure that nothing breaks after
deinstallation of tails-greeter etc) and b) that's secondary priority: 1st of all we
should make tails-greeter :)

I mean having convenient way to package it is nice but even if dpkg-divert approach
will fail - we can always get back to modification of original gdm3.

cheers,
Max.