[amnesia-news] version 0.5

Author: news
To: amnesia-news
Subject: [amnesia-news] version 0.5
The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.5, is out. This is the first release since the [project has been renamed][1].

Tons of bugs were fixed, including:

* A trick workarounds the nasty bug that often prevented the system to connect to the Tor network.
* New windows don't open in background anymore.
* Memory wiping at shutdown is now lightning fast and does not prevent the computer to halt anymore.
* onBoard now correctly autodetects the keyboard layout... at least once some keys have been pressed.
* and more!

Other notable changes include:

* Tor 0.2.1.25
* Vidalia 0.2.8
* Claws Mail 3.7.5 with OpenPGP support
* Pidgin automatically connects to irc.oftc.net with a randomized nickname, which allows to easily join our new [chatroom][2].
* At shutdown time, only prompt to remove CD; just halt when booted from a USB stick.
* User settings (`$HOME`) are now generated in a programmatic way: no more ugly binary files in our source code!
* Forbid any IPv6 communication with the outside.
* Added some wifi drivers: Ralink rt2570, rt2860 and Broadcom STA.

... and of course the usual bunch of software security updates.

See the [online Changelog][3] for details.

Please note we now have a newsletter, a [web forum][4] and a [chatroom on IRC][2].

[Download it, seed it!][5]

[1]: https://tails.boum.org/news/./new_project_name/
[2]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../chat/index.en.html
[3]: http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/changelog;hb=refs/tags/0.5