[T(A)ILS-dev] Disable media automounting?

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [T(A)ILS-dev] Disable media automounting?
Hi,

something caught my eye while writing the design document:
T(A)ILS currently has media automounting / auto open enabled at the
GNOME level. This only applies to removable disks.

I think this breaks the assertion on top of T(A)ILS homepage:

    no trace is left on local storage devices unless explicitly asked.

Shall we replace "local storage" with "fixed storage"?
Or disable media automounting / auto open (easy via GConf)?

Practically speaking, disabling media automounting implies a user
would need to double-click the drive icon on the desktop in order to
give herself read-write access to a USB stick.
I think this has no major drawback in terms of usability and am thus
in favor of doing this.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>