[T(A)ILS-dev] Roadmap patch proposal

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [T(A)ILS-dev] Roadmap patch proposal
Hi,

for the record our roadmap[0] currently is:

   1. write specification and security design document
   2. include truecrypt
   3. persistence: application specific configurations persistence,
      user data store
   4. usb install and upgrade
   5. Various other, unordered goals:
          * monkeysphere
          * make PowerPC support up-to-date
          * add support for free wifi hotspots

I hereby propose inserting "Fix regressions in Debian Squeeze-based
builds" between #2 and #3. I would be happy to ship a Lenny-based 0.7
release that would include TrueCrypt and other improvements, but the
persistence work will take time and most of it will happen on top of
live-boot's 3.x, that has no support for Lenny. So I do not think we
will ever ship a Lenny-based T(A)ILS with any persistence feature.
Also, I believe we might want to release a Squeeze-based 0.7 or 0.8
as soon as possible, without being blocked by other work areas.

What do you think?

[0] https://amnesia.boum.org/contribute/roadmap/

Bye,
--