[T(A)ILS-dev] Tor Browser Bundle config

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [T(A)ILS-dev] Tor Browser Bundle config
Hi,

I have searched the Tor Browser Bundle configuration files for bits we
would have missed.

I have merged a bunch of things in: not only these bits seemed useful
to me for T(A)ILS, but I also like the idea of keeping T(A)ILS' and
TBB's configuration the most similar possible. This would ease the
auditing process that has begun and more generally any kind of peer
review.

Here are a few Firefox settings I was not sure about (being offline,
no access to proper documentation); I am referring bellow to files in
TBB's Git source:

- build-scripts/config/*.js :

  * pref("browser.chrome.favicons", false);
  * pref("browser.chrome.image_icons.max_size", 0);
  * pref("browser.chrome.site_icons", false);
  * pref("browser.download.manager.retention", 1);
  * pref("browser.privatebrowsing.autostart", true);
  * pref("browser.sessionstore.privacy_level", 2);
  * quite different noscript configuration (but they stopped shipping
    noscript recently so this might not be perfectly up-to-date)

- build-scripts/config/noscriptconfig.json

- Tor Browser Bundle commit a5e71c590020 -> fixes homepage not being
displayed. Would be nice if we could find in this commit how to fix
this bug.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>