[amnesia-news] Time to setup your BitTorrent seed / HTTP mir…

Author: amnesia
To: amnesia-news
Subject: [amnesia-news] Time to setup your BitTorrent seed / HTTP mirror!

Hello,

We are about to release a new major version of The (Amnesic)
Incognito Live System, born from the newly joined efforts of the
Amnesia and Incognito projects.

If you want to contribute bandwidth to our project with a HTTP mirror
or a BitTorrent seed, it is time to set this up in order to get enough
download sources when we publicly announce the new version.

Please find, bellow, the technical details you'll need to do so.

BITTORRENT SEED
===============

The Torrent file and its detached GnuPG signature can be found there:

https://amnesia.boum.org/torrents/files/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501.torrent
https://amnesia.boum.org/torrents/files/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501.torrent.asc

HTTP MIRROR
===========

The big picture
---------------

We have setup a DNS Round Robin for the dl.amnesia.boum.org host.
Ideally, every HTTP mirror would make our files available under the
following URL:

http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/

With per-version sub-directories such as:

http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501/

Setup your web server
---------------------

Ideally, you would setup a VirtualHost with dl.amnesia.boum.org as the
ServerName and indexing enabled. Here is an example Apache configuration:

<VirtualHost YOUR_WEBSERVER_IP:80>
ServerName dl.amnesia.boum.org
ServerAdmin YOUR_EMAIL

   DocumentRoot /var/www/THE_PLACE_WHERE_YOU_WANT_OUR_FILES_TO_LIVE/
   <Directory /var/www/THE_PLACE_WHERE_YOU_WANT_OUR_FILES_TO_LIVE/>
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
      AllowOverride None
      IndexIgnore README.html
      IndexOptions FancyIndexing FoldersFirst IgnoreCase NameWidth=50
      IndexOrderDefault Descending Date
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Download the files
------------------

mkdir -p /var/www/THE_PLACE_WHERE_YOU_WANT_OUR_FILES_TO_LIVE/tails/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501
cd /var/www/THE_PLACE_WHERE_YOU_WANT_OUR_FILES_TO_LIVE/tails/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501

The files can be downloaded either via HTTP:

  curl \
    -O http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501.iso.asc \
    -O http://dl.amnesia.boum.org/tails/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501.iso

... or via BitTorrent:

https://amnesia.boum.org/torrents/files/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501.torrent
https://amnesia.boum.org/torrents/files/amnesia-i386-0.5-20100501.torrent.asc

In any case, please verify the integrity of the downloaded files using
their GnuPG signatures (*.asc).

Eventually, recursively setup proper ownership and permissions on the
/var/www/THE_PLACE_WHERE_YOU_WANT_OUR_FILES_TO_LIVE/ content.

Go wild
-------

As soon as your web server is ready, please e-mail us its IP and we'll
have it added to the Round Robin pool.

If you really can't afford creating a dedicated VirtualHost, just tell
us how your web server can be reached; we will announce its URL along
with the shared (Round Robin) one.

Thanks in advance, bye,
--
amnesia@???