[Forumlucca] con preghiera di diffusione

Author: info
To: forumlucca
Subject: [Forumlucca] con preghiera di diffusione
Segnalo il drammatico appello dei documentaristi iraniani e quello
della Documentary Filmakers Association per la liberazione di Maziar
Bahari e Hossain Dalir
arrestati di recente in Iran.
Un abbraccio
marcantonio

L' appello dei documentaristi iraniani è visibile sul sito You Tube al
seguente indirizzo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1ShappZqk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fed
n.dk%2Fart.lasso%3F-token.skip%3D%26nd%3D200403%26ns%3D1365&fea
ture=player_embedded

Statement of Iranian Documentary Filmmakers

In the Name of God

We are documentary filmmakers. Our work is to discover and tell the
truth. Truth can only be found when all aspects of reality are told.
In the course of recent events in our country, our national media, by
deliberately hiding the realities, is making it impossible for the
public to access the truth.
We are documentary filmmakers. Our work is through media. The National
Iranian Television belongs to the entire Iranian society and should be
committed to represent social events truthfully and different points
of view in their diversity. It should not be the mouthpiece of a
specific faction and ignore a vast part of society.
We are documentary filmmakers. Our work is art and we are committed to
the culture, art, and language of our country. The language of
journalism should respect the dignity and honor of a society. The
National Iranian Television, by distorting and suppressing the news
and with the use of degrading rhetoric, makes lying and slander
acceptable. It also addresses people with degrading and abusive
vocabulary and thus provokes the people into confrontation and uproar.
We warn: Under the present tense circumstances depriving the society
of a peaceful and respectful discourse can result in violent
reactions; a society whose people up to the Election Day were
promoting their diverse views peacefully and respectfully.
We warn: This kind of action means sharing the responsibility for any
kind of violence, terror, social disruption, and human tragedies. It
divides and antagonizes a society that is able to create unity by
justice.
In the last 30 years, each and every citizen of this country has
shared happiness and sorrow. They have fought side by side, brought
sacrifices and lost loved ones.
We are a people with a history of several thousand years. We all
belong together and share this history and this country. Do not tear
us apart.

Appeal of Documentary Filmmakers Association (IRDFA)

Following the detention of two members of the Iranian Documentary
Filmmakers Association, Maziar Bahari and Hossain Dalir, and also the
beating and harming of some of our members and the confiscation of
their Cameras and tapes during the recent events, we declare that:
The Iranian Society has the Right to demand Documentary filmmakers, to
do their duty in capturing the social events taking place in Iran and
portraying the real picture in their films. The issue at hand is as
'important' and 'critical' as it was, when documentary filmmakers
tried to accomplish the same tasks since the early stages of entering
Cinema in Iran and in particular during the last 30 years in which the
Revolution, the War and other crises took place.
Therefore, Documentary filmmakers, due to their obligation and
responsibility, have the Right to be present in these social events
and to be able to capture the truth. This is the recognized Right of
Documentary Filmmakers across the World.
We also demand the immediate release of our fellow colleagues. As far
as we know, they have been arrested and taken into custody because of
their roles in capturing and reporting the truth that is taking place
in Iran and by fulfilling their professional duties.
We demand respect towards our professional Rights, so we could respond
to our society's undeniable need for unbiased reporting and recording
of this period of history.

Documentary Filmmakers Association (IRDFA)