[Badgirlz-list] off-pride, the alternative queerfestival in…

Autor: Two girl's brains-list
Para: bg, liber.mente libri, Helena info
Asunto: [Badgirlz-list] off-pride, the alternative queerfestival in Zurich (5.-7.6.09) - call for workshops!

[NextGenderation]
Dear queers and friends,

in Zurich this year, we are organizing the alternative queer-festival
“Off_Pride” from June 5-7, 2009, also in Zurich. We are a bunch of
folks from different parts of Switzerland (and also from southern Germany).
Unlike the official Pride, we want to deal with alternative (gender)queer
and trans* ways of living, we want to be non-commercial, subversive, and
open, and we want to focus on spontaneity and self-organized fun rather
than on consumerism and event.

During those three days, there will be workshops on queer, trans*,
political and other issues. In the evenings there will be public debates,
movies, and of course parties with great music and intriguing shows. We are
also planning a (gender)queer sex party. On Saturday, the day of the
EuroPride parade, our own (alternative) queer march through the city will
be a hightlight: we want to queer and to enrich EuroPride with educational,
fun, semi-legal actions!

All of this is non-commercial – by you and us, for you and us.

And since we would like the program to be diverse, we want to invite YOU as
a paticipant to offer your own workshop. Please get in touch until the end
of February and send all your fabulous ideas to tigers.post@???! For
those of you who would like to do something but who may still be lacking
concrete ideas, we made a “wish list” of workshops below:

* dance/ theater/music/performance workshop
…just for fun, or for the queer march …

* polyamory
…life and love beyond the conventional romantic couple…

* radio ballet
…queering the official pride parade…

* trans*politics – networking workshop
…Switzerland and Europe, go build networks…

* education around trans*issues
…presenting visions of life, allowing dialogue and questions around
trans* identities for other queer folks…

* screen printing workshop
…we design our own queer t-shirts…

* “How am I going to tell my kid?”
… queer d.i.y. sex education…

* anti-discrimination beyond gender
… linking queer perspectives with anti-racism, anti-ageism, anti-lookism,
anti-ableism etc…

* drag workshop
… by and for kings, queens, and others…

* queer families
… exchange between queer families / potential queer families…

* safer sex beyond condoms
… infos and conversation…

* my queer life
… being queer – what does that mean for us? Exchange of experiences…

* trans* and feminism – (how) do they go together?
… conflicts and potential…

* massage workshop.

Also, the whole festival is non-commercial and - with exception of the
parties - free. This also means that unfortunately, we will not be able to
pay folks for offering a workshop. But if you have trouble paying for
travel expenses, we will definitely come up with a solution.

Queer greetings from zurich!

The “off_pride” organizing team