[inquieto] Rebelling Interactive Opera Theatre

Author: ca_favale_mlist
To: ca_favale_mlist
Subject: [inquieto] Rebelling Interactive Opera Theatre
Teatro dell'opera liberato?

Rebelling Interactive Opera Theatre
Decembers rebellion, while drawing strength from all previous social
struggles, laid the ground for a generalized resistance against
everything
that offends us and enslaves our lives. It triggered a fight for life
that is
being disparaged on a daily basis. As an answer to those who understand
rebellion as a short lived firecracker, and discard and undermine it by
simply
saying “life goes on”, we say that the struggle not only
continues but has
already set our lives on a new basis. Nothing is finished; our rage
perseveres. Our agony has not subsided; we are still here. Rebellion in
the
streets, in schools and universities, in labour unions, municipal
buildings
and parks. Rebellion also in art.
Against art as a spectacle that is consumed by passive viewers.
Against aesthetics that exclude the Different.
Against a culture that destroys parks and public space in the name of
profit.

We unite our voices with all those in struggle.
In solidarity with Konstantina Kouneva and those arrested during the
rebellion.
With our struggle and our own culture, we respond to state oppression,
social
exclusion and to the attempts of the mass media to terrorize and
misinform.
With this initiative that originated in the Arts (considering everybodys
life as art), we re-claim a space for the art of living of each and
everyone
to unfold and for exploring the reformation of culture. We aspire to an
unmediated art; open and accessible to all.
We liberate the Greek National Opera because by definition it belongs to
all
of us.
We feel the need to take things from the beginning and to reinvent the
role of
art.
Through self-organized processes, we propose free creative actions by
everyone
and for all those who consider culture as a product of collective
creativity.
To recover and reclaim the culture that has been stolen from us.

OPEN GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE LIBERATED OPERA
EVERYDAY AT 9.00 PM