Re: [Hackmeeting] [Metro] hackerspace - book

Autor: Alessio L R Pennasilico
Para: La lista dei soci Metro Olografix
CC: hackers, hackmeeting
Asunto: Re: [Hackmeeting] [Metro] hackerspace - book
[this mail was blocked in my outbox since 25th)

On Dec 25, 2008, at 8:34 PM, jaromil wrote:

> as a result, none of the submitters to the book are from the south,
> not even the south of europe, this is a dramatic split. i think this
> is SHIT. i don't know who the fuck is behind this way to do things.

This book is the result of the work of a lot of usa hacktivist like
Bre (the blog owner), Nick Farr (and many others).
This is the evolution of some meetings they organized in the past in
(you may call them shitty) places like hope (2600's conference) or
defcon.
They are also deeply involved with metalab and ccc, who always
collaborate with them with hackDC (washington hacklab), NYCResistor
and some other realities.

IMHO the problem isn't about them excluding us from the book: The
problem is about southern (is it a geographical problem? I do not
think so...) hacklabs being completely isolated from the international
network...

Being late about this deadline is horrible, but is not the biggest
problem.
They aren't ignoring us: we are ignoring them, we are not trying to be
involved in their activities, and so on.
I think that if freacknet, loa, reload, someone else would start in
being involved it should lead to a lager, stronger network.
and problems like "the book" will easily disappear.

[update because I am now here at CCC]
I talk with my friend bre last night: the deadline was abou the pdf to
be presented at 25C3, but can be edited in the future months, so all
the missing hacklabs can be integrated.

a quite drunk mayhem
--
If we keep asking questions and thinking outside the box, there will
always be something good to look forward to. E. Goldstein