[Hackmeeting] hackerspace - book

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: jaromil
To: hackmeeting
CC: hackers, metro
Betreff: [Hackmeeting] hackerspace - book

re all,

((
and sorry if this mail is a bit of a rant i'm writing quickly in
english for wider distribution and horizontal communication beteen
north & south.
))

now the fact: this book is almost going to be published:

http://brepettis.com/blog/2008/12/16/cooking-up-a-book-hackerspaces-the-beginning/

there was a call but noone really told us, noone told the
hackmeeting.org people not even in spain, freaknet, espora,
sindominio, nodo50 - ALL EXCLUDED.

as a result, none of the submitters to the book are from the south,
not even the south of europe, this is a dramatic split. i think this
is SHIT. i don't know who the fuck is behind this way to do things.

ANYWAY the deadline is still open and we, as southern people, we can
all start WAVING HANDS IN THE AIR and making A LOT OF NOISE and write
something down ASAP, at least contributing to complete a map, for the
sake of correctness and to provide proper information to all readers
and future hacker generations.

places like the Freaknet (the southern hacklab of eu-rope) as well
experiences like the ReLOAd hacklab in Milan (visited by Wau Holland
among the others in 1999), the BUGS lab in Roma and more and more
southern places are completely excluded.

this is a call to everyone to submit ASAP some documentation, views,
experiences, pings, say WE ARE HERE. i suggest YOU ALL DO ASAP else
the book should then be called "northern hackerspaces". i can't
understand why this deadline is rushed anyway. must be the typical
northern hyper-productive attitude... ?

as the result of a collective edit by various participants to southern
hackerspaces, our dyne.org network (linking several hackerspaces) will
submit to the book the Weaver Birds document

http://dyne.org/weaver_birds.pdf
http://dyne.org/weaver_birds-it.pdf

(missing spanish and french and more translations, sorry!)

in case there are southern hackerspaces that are excluded by the
northern rush and can't manage to submit their own document, we
welcome you to sign this submission and signal your existence in the
book.

of course, since our nature is pretty much that of squatted hacker
spaces (as our document defines, and we believe this aspect should
also be represented in the book!!!), please keep in mind we won't
welcome any yuppie to sign this document... since it is against our
own interpretation of being computer and reality hackers ;>

hasta la pasta

ciao

- --

jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org

GPG: 779F E8B5 47C7 3A89 4112 64D0 7B64 3184 B534 0B5E