[Badgirlz-list] Queer Cultural Center @ SomArts Gallery, San…

Author: Two girl's brains-list
To: bg, Helena info
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Queer Cultural Center @ SomArts Gallery, San Francisco

Call for Entries
International - LGBTQI Artists
National Queer Arts Festival 2009
Queer Cultural Center @ SomArts Gallery, San Francisco
THREADS
June 2009
Deadline for submissions: February 14, 2009
All Media including video, installation, net art, performance, costume,
fashion event

Queerness weaves the threads of our physical, social and moral existence
together into a multi-dimensional fabric of community and our selves.

As queer artists we continue to create complex identities and imagine new
modes of address through a myriad of queer tactics, textures and
sensibilities.

What are the threads that bind, mend and sometimes unravel this spectacular
fabric of queer art? How does this queerness operate? How does it present
itself? How do we fashion, perform, subvert or display queerness in our art
and lives?

We hope to explore these themes in art in all mediums that incorporate (in
the broadest sense of these ideas): sewing, knitting, weaving, braiding,
binding, knotting, textiles, quilting, patchwork, costuming, fashion and
fashion events, drag, second skins, performance art, woven texts, blogs,
digital networks and communities.

THREADS curatorial committee includes: Tirza Latimer, Rudy Lemcke, Matt
McKinley, Pamela Peniston, Allison Smith, and Tina Takemoto.

Submit the following by February 14, 2009

Submitting by email: Please send the following to
Threads@???

1. 2 to 5 jpegs of available work. In your email please include the
following identifying information: title, date, medium, dimensions, and
owner/lender (if applicable).

* if you are submitting a proposal for an installation, a performance or a
fashion event please submit a detailed description and plan for your
project.

* if you are submitting a DVD or a CD that contains your work sample please
send it to the address below.

2. a brief resume
3. a brief statement explaining how the proposed works address the
exhibition's theme.

If you are submitting work via snail mail please send the requested
material (above) to:
Queer Cultural Center – Qcc
934 Brannan Street
SF, CA 94103

Note: Arrangements and expenses for shipping/delivery/retrieval are the
responsibility of the artist. All non-installation and performance work
must arrive/be delivered "ready to hang." Artwork is insured by the
gallery during the exhibition.

If you have any questions please contact Threads@???