[Badgirlz-list] FIRS femministe in difesa delle sex workers …

Author: Two girl's brains-list
To: Badgirlz list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] FIRS femministe in difesa delle sex workers canada

      fonte:
http://www.sexworkeurope.org/site/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=186

      Canada - FIRST Feminists supporting sex workers
      Tuesday 04 November 2008
      FIRST is a coalition of feminists who have come together to support
the
rights of sex industry workers and advocate for the decriminalization of
adult
sex work.[1] We are guided by the fundamental principle that sex industry
workers should have equal benefit of the human rights protections that are
available to all members of Canadian society. To be a society that is truly
committed to equality, freedom and human dignity, we must recognize the
rights
of sex industry workers to:
        a.. Live and work in conditions that are free from hate, violence
and
exploitation;
        b.. Have their dignity, autonomy and liberty respected, including
the
right to engage in consensual sex with other adults without being
criminalized;
and
        c.. Be treated as equal members of society, have equal protection
and
benefit of the law and not be subject to stigma, discrimination and social
alienation.
      We further recognize that discrimination against sex industry workers
often intersects with prejudice and discrimination on the basis of gender,
race,
poverty, sexuality, ability and age. As a case in point, the oppression
experienced by Indigenous women is intricately connected to Canada's
history of
colonialism and the failure to recognize the inherent right to indigenous
self-determination.

      It must be recognized that the decriminalization of sex work will not
on
its own stop the injustices experienced by sex industry workers. However,
it is
an important first step to improve the health and safety of sex industry
workers, and communities overall.

      Visit the website of FIRST