[Badgirlz-list] [fwd]National March for Sex Workers Rights

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] [fwd]National March for Sex Workers Rights

National March for Sex Workers Rights
Dec. 17, 2008
Washington, DC

Meet at Franklin Square (14st NW & Eye ST NW) near McPherson Square Station for rally and speeches.
March Gathers at noon.
March ends at The White House (1600 Pennsylvania AVE) about 3 blocks away.

Join the Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP-USA) as we march on Washington to demand rights for all sex workers! On Wednesday, December 17, 2008, advocates from across the nation will converge to mark the International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers. Together, we will take a stand for justice, dignity, and the freedom to do sex work safely and in dignity. We are calling for an end to the unjust laws, policing, and stigma that oppress our communities and make us targets for violence. At this vibrant event, we will both honor the lives lost in 2008 and celebrate our vital movement. SWOP-USA and its allies in harm reduction and social justice welcome your support in D.C. this Dec. 17th! If you are traveling into DC we have some housing available, and think about staying through the weekend for a big party we are throwing!

This is a permitted event (pending approval). For more information, or to endorse this event, contact:
877-776-2004 x 1
dec17@???
www.swopusa.org/dec17/

ATTENTION NYC: We are trying to organize a bus to take folks to DC. If you want to help organize, ride share, or get involved, contact: swank@??? or http://www.swop-nyc.org/