[Badgirlz-list] feminism, queer & disABILITY o/c invitation

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] feminism, queer & disABILITY o/c invitation

[NextGenderation]
hello there,

We are writing to invite people to become part of an organising committee
who are planning on creating a series of resources & discussions around
disABILITY issues in feminist, queer & d.i.y communities.

The organising committee can be on hand for general advice, producing
materials, contributing workshop ideas, writing zine articles or more
in-depth organising of events - as much or as little as you would like to
offer....we would like as many different people involved, so if you think
that you know someone who would be interested then please forward this
email on.

PLANNED ACTIONS

In particular we would like to create resource pack for a workshop
entitled 'disability in d.i.y contexts for feminist and queer groups'.

This pack would cover the main areas groups should consider when putting
on events so that it will be accessible to disabled people, a glossary,
information about support networks & general practical advice.

By 'd.i.y contexts' we are referring here to low budget situations that
necessitate getting together to learn how to support each other as a
community through skill and knowledge sharing in relation to disability
(and other of course!) issues.

We imagine the main resource would take the form of a power point
presentation that can then be downloaded and used by feminist & queer
groups in different community settings, although we also intend to produce
the workshop in a variety of different formats, for example we will audio
record it as well.

On top of this, we would like to create a zine resource and potential
workshops (based on zine articles) around the following issues:

* invisible disabilities

* feminism & ableism

* ableist language and rhetoric

* history of disabled women's involvement in the      feminist movement

* what is ableism?

* disability and class

* trans & disability

....as well as any other contributions that people want to add....

PLANNED EVENTS:

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 29th @ the QUAKER MEETING HOUSE,
CHARLES STREET in CARDIFF 11 - 4.

Organisation & discussion day.

At this day we will discuss plans for the development of resources as

well as hold discussions around

* what is ableism?

* disability & class

It is open to everyone, whatever your level of knowledge on these subjects
are.

FEBRUARY 14TH ANTI-CAPITALIST FEMINIST EVENT
LONDON (see here http://www.feministactivistforum.org.uk/page36.htm for
details of this event).

We are aiming for our resource pack to be ready for this event so that we
may deliver the workshop there.

if you are interested in taking part in whatever capacity, please email
us here at disability@???

we look forward to hearing from you,

debi, Jake & Mair

(current organising committee members)

http://www.feministactivistforum.org.uk/page45.htm

**please forward this email on to interested individuals, groups &
networks**