[NuovoLab] lettera aperta di mark covell alla sindaco di gen…

Author: carlo
To: forumgenova
Subject: [NuovoLab] lettera aperta di mark covell alla sindaco di genova

Dear Marta Vincenzi,

My name is Mark Covell. I am the English journalist that almost died during the Diaz raid on July 21st 2001. I understand from my lawyers that Diaz Pertini remains closed and out of bounds to the victims of the raid on during what will be a very special time and anniversary because the Bolzaneto verdict is due very soon.

Amongst my serious injuries (some of which i have never recovered from) is extensive Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Many of the victims have suffered and still suffering from severe PTSD.

My doctors in England and here in Italy have advised me that with the Bolzaneto verdict due and with the Diaz raid trial also coming to an end, that I will experience a wide range of emotions and feelings which need to be accommodated and understood by the authorities.

For myself and all the victims from Diaz we want closure and for our life to move on finally. It has been a very difficult seven years travelling the road to justice with much obstruction placed in front of us and with many difficult emotions to deal with.

These emotions for all of us are especially acute during this period. I therefore request and ask that Diaz Pertini be opened on July 21st from 1pm to 7pm for all victims who wish to visit (and with their families) so we can come to terms with what happened on that terrible night.

I realise this may cause some inconvenience to the school headmaster of Diaz Pertini by it is very important in a moral and ethical sense that the ground floor of Diaz Pertini school is opened so we can bring closure to those events and move on with our lives. Finally, i would like to say that this will be the last request from the Diaz victims for this school to be opened so that Diaz Pertini can also return to normality as well.

I very much hope that you grant our special request and we thank you in advance of considering our request.

Regards
Mark Covell