[movimenti.bicocca] IDEOLOGICALLY MOTIVATED ACTIVISM: HOW AC…

Autor: tommaso.vitale
Para: movimenti.bicocca
Asunto: [movimenti.bicocca] IDEOLOGICALLY MOTIVATED ACTIVISM: HOW ACTIVIST GROUPS INFLUENCE CORPORATE
IDEOLOGICALLY MOTIVATED ACTIVISM: HOW ACTIVIST GROUPS
INFLUENCE CORPORATE
SOCIAL CHANGE ACTIVITIES

FRANK DEN HOND
FRANK G. A. DE BAKKER
VU University Amsterdam

Using insights from the social movement literature and
institutional change theory, we explore how activism
influences corporate social change activities. As the
responsibility for addressing a variety of social issues
is transferred from the state to the private sector,
activist groups increasingly challenge firms to take up
such issues, seeking to influence the nature and level of
corporate social change activities. Eventually, they aim
to bring about field-level change. We argue that
ideological differences among activist groups motivate
them to choose different influence tactics to support
their claims.

den Hond, F., & de Bakker, F. G. A. 2007. Ideologically
motivated activism. How activist groups influence
corporate social change. Academy of Management Review,
32(3): 901-924.