[Badgirlz-list] FAF Gender & Sex Diversity and Feminism: A T…

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] FAF Gender & Sex Diversity and Feminism: A Trans and Intersex Learning

GENDER & SEX DIVERSITY AND FEMINISM: A TRANS AND INTERSEX LEARNING EXCHANGE

12- 5pm, Saturday 12th July, Lambeth Women's Project, 166a Stockwell Road, London SW9
(www.tfl.gov.uk)

Download Flyer (Front and Back, 2 A5 per A4 sheet):
Front:http://www.feministactivistforum.org.uk/userimages/FAFLearningDayFLYER(1).pdf
Back:http://www.feministactivistforum.org.uk/userimages/FAFLearningDayFLYERBACK.pdf

FAF are presenting a learning exchange on trans and intersex issues and their relationships to feminism. The
relationship between feminism and transgender particularly had not been a smooth one in the history of feminist activism. This learning exchange is geared toward people who may be unsure of the importance
or relevance of transgender to feminism, particularly from an intergenerational perspective.

It will be a safe space for feminists from all different positions, backgrounds and generations to meet and discuss trans-issues and the interconnections/implications for feminism. Not sure what
trans-issues are? Worried trans-issues are dominating contemporary feminism? Believe that an understanding of gender multiplicity is key to undoing heterosexual patriarchy? Come along to this session and discuss!

We want this to be a safe space for people to come together, ask questions, exchange ideas, make
mistakes, learn, create solidarity and build alliances.

Workshops and Discussions include:

*Everything you ever wanted to know
about transgender but were afraid to ask

*Beyond the binary: why feminism
needs to move there

*Second Wave Feminists talk out
loud about trans

*Variant Sex - biological evidence as to why there is more
than just 'male' and 'female.'

*Intersex: Experience and Activism

More details and timing etc will be published on website. There will also be resources, films & art. Please get in touch if you want to be involved- as a speaker, facilitator, film-maker, artist or if you wanna contribute resources or something for our new trans-zine!

This event is free. Lunch will be provided - donations welcome. Our venue is accessible by wheelchair but unfortunately the toilets are not adapted and are quite small. We are endeavoring to find future spaces in London that are fully accessible - please get in touch if you have ideas!

SOLIDARITY PICNIC
13th July, Hampstead Heath. Meet at 12pm, Hampstead Heath Station, South End Green, London

A picnic for feminists of all genders to come together, have fun, build friendship and community.
Opportunities for football tournaments, pagan rituals, barbie-qs and skinny
dipping, or just dipping. Please bring food/drinks/games to share! Not to be missed!