[Badgirlz-list] "What is terrorism" at Hacker Space Festival

Author: Errata
To: facklablist
CC: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] "What is terrorism" at Hacker Space Festival
[NextGenderation]

"What is terrorism" at Hacker Space Festival Vitry near Paris, June 17
I'll be talking next tuesday morning 10-11 am in Vitry near Paris (15
min by RER) about my currently favorite subject:

Who really is the terrorist?

as part of the Hacker Space Festival conference monday and tuesday.

I'd love to see (more) friendly faces there!

Hacker Space Festival
16-22 June 2008
/tmp/lab & 6Bis
6Bis rue Leon Geffroy
94400 Vitry sur Seine
http://www.hackerspace.net/

============

Life as the partner of a terrorism suspect means living with police and
secret service surveillance: phone tapping, video cameras pointing at
your doors, plain-clothed police following your every step, e-mail and
internet access being monitored etc etc.

Anne's partner Andrej Holm was arrested July 31 last year because
roughly one year before German police found his writings on
gentrification, together with him being a political activist and not
always taking his mobile phone along, suspicious enough to start a
terrorism investigation. It's a bit more complicated than that, but
that's basically it. After he was arrested at gunpoint in their
apartment at 7 am in the morning Anne realised that she, too, was the
focus of surveillance. As were colleagues, friends and family. It was
made quite clear that they were meant to notice.

Andrej was released from prison after three weeks and by now the
terrorism charges were taken back and turned into accusations of having
formed a 'criminal organisation'.

After the initial shock Anne started blogging about everyday life with
surveillance.

http://www.hackerspace.net/talks:what-is-terrorism