[Badgirlz-list] Activities in and outside the European Soci…

Author: Errata
To: l38squatter
CC: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Activities in and outside the European Social Forum (17-21 september) in Malmö, Sweden.
[NextGenderation]

Activities in and outside the European Social Forum
(17-21 september) in Malmö, Sweden.

1. ESF 2008 Action Network

2. Convergence center + infopoints
    a. Convergence Center Utkanten
    b. Cafe Glassfabriken
    c. Smålands nation (Lund): Out of Action-area
    d. Food

3. Radical Assemblies

    a. Radical Women Assembly. Thursday 18 sept, 14.00.
    b. Radical Assembly on precarity and workplace
struggles. Thursday 18 sept, 16.00.
    c. Radical Assembly on squatting, free spaces and
social centers. Friday 19 sept, 14.00.
    d. Radical Assembly on future mobilisations, Europe
as a shared space of conflicts. Friday 19 sept. 16.00.
    e. Workshops

4. Actions and demonstration

    a. Street party.
    b. Anti-capitalist block
    c. Climat action
    d. Migration action
    e. Antiwar actions
    f. Housing/segregation action

5. Newspapers and magazines

    a. Action Network magazines: From thoughts to
action
    b. Turbulence

6. Official ESF

    a. Repression against summit protests
    b. Free public transports / fare dodging
(Planka.nu)
    c. The Network Labor & Globalization
    d. Cinema Panora
    e. etc...

7. ESF Open autonomous spaces

    a. Via Campesina Youth camp
    b. European Peace Action
    c. No vox
    d. Migrant labour and precarity
    f. European Security Architecture

------------ ------
1. Action Network
------------ ------

Network of radical social movements and
extraparliamentary leftwing organisations, such as
Syndicalist Youth Federation, Antifascist Action,
Women Political Forum, Malmö Free Feminists and a lot
of autonomous groups.
http://www.esf2008a ction.net/ en

What are the Action Network?

During 17th -21st the European Social Forum will be
hosted by Malmo, an event planned to give social
movements and radical organizations all over Europe
the opportunity to enter into dialogue with each
other. More than 20,000 people are expected to attend
this five-day Forum which will offer seminars,
workshops, and art events, including music, all with
the slogan Another Europe is Possible.
Simultaneously, various kinds of demonstrations, mass
activities and street events will take place, some as
part of the official ESF, but others outside and
independent of this. The ESF 2008 Action Network is
intended to co-ordinate these organizations from
other parts of Sweden and Europe that wish to work
independently and get involved in mass activities and
other events in Malmo during the ESF period. The
purpose is especially to help different groups
communicate, and to help organize their mobilization.
The ESF 2008 Action Network is independent of the
official ESF, politically as well as economically, and
all participants in the Network will little by little
shape its slant and aims. The mass activities wont
take place in opposition to the official Forum, but on
the other hand, they wont be in the least committed
to that political agenda or social practice which the
wealthiest and most powerful forces no doubt will
express through the official ESF. Quite the contrary:
we know that many of the thousands of activists
expected to travel to Malmo because of the ESF will
welcome the chance to turn their own political
opinions into action through mass activities. Within
the Network, there will be time and place for a wide
spectrum of different kinds of practice. Respecting
each others methods, but without compromises, people
will act together, or at least during the same days,
towards our common goals.

http://www.esf2008a ction.net

------------ --------- --------- -----
2. Convergence center + infopoints
------------ --------- --------- -----

a + b.

There will be a "convergence center" in the
activistcenter Utkanten, with space for assemblies,
workshops and an action space. The Convergence center
is run by the Action Network. The convergence center
is an autonomous structure to ESF, so people who
participate dont need to pay fee or participate in the
official ESF (if they dont want to). There will also
be an Open Space in the official ESF where its
possible to hold "spontanous" meetings, with more
space then Utkanten has. Close to the official
ESF-area there will be an open infopoint at the cafe
Glassfabriken.

More information will come.

http://www.esf2008a ction.net

c + d.

The five days of action will need a lot of resources.
We ask for support to make the make the best possible
out of the actions. Do you have a travelling kitchen
that can provide food for many people? Have you worked
with Trauma Support/Out of Action areas? Do you have
ideas for cultural events in the evenings?
Practical information Due to a shortage of facilities
we have to direct you to the official ESF who will
provide sleeping places for the participants of the
forum. We will focus our resources to provide
accommodation for people with children or other
special needs. There will also be an area close to
Malmo where sleeping places for a limited number of
people will be available. This place is also
recommended if people need to take a break from the
actions for a shorter time.

http://www.esf2008a ction.net

3. Radical Assemblies

The Radical Assemblies will be open assemblies at the
convergence center Utkanten. They're meeting structure
will be as much as possibly participatory, to
stimulate exchange of information and experiencies.
The RAs are an autonomous structure to ESF, so you
dont need to pay participatory fee to ESF to take
part.