[Badgirlz-list] from LambaIstanbul

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] from LambaIstanbul
[NextGenderation]

[forwarded from LambaIstanbul]

Homophobia Out, Human Rights In;
This is the Last Stop!

The sixth hearing of the closing case of
Lambdaistanbul LGBT Solidarity Association will be
heard on May 29th, Thursday at 10 am. at the 3rd Civil
Court in Beyoglu district of Istanbul (Beyoglu 3.
Asliye Mahkemesi).

Lambdaistanbul LGBT Solidarity Association had, in
fact, registered as an association two years ago, but
due to the Istanbul City Government's interference
with the claim that "an association cannot have an
illegal or immoral basis", and with the help of our
legal system, the process has been dragging on for two
years.

We declare that this is the last stop and that there
is nowhere else left to go from here for the Istanbul
City Government, which has taken on as a mission, due
to their homophobic moral stance to stop people from
organizing simply because they are lesbians, gays,
bisexuals and transgenders; and our legal system that
has been dragging on this process with various alibis.

We say: "Homophobia Out, Human Rights In" and we
invite you all to this hearing of the closing case, in
order to show your support.