[Badgirlz-list] Citizens' petition for solidarity with Roman…

Author: Errata
To: l38squatter, badgirlz-list
New-Topics: [Badgirlz-list] quuer-feministische Tage @Wien
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Citizens' petition for solidarity with Romani/Sinti communities in Italy
ma che bella l'italia!

---------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

Recent alarming events in Italy (the pogrom in Napoli
and the
aggressive crack-down on Romani immigrants and
migrants - along with
other
groups throughout Italy) compel us to raise our
voices against the
current
right-wing Berlusconi regime (which has neo-Fascist
parties in its
governing coalition).

Please find attached a petition on this issue below,
which is to be
sent to EU Commission and European Parliament
officials in order to
try to
halt this virus of aggressive violence against Roma
and other
''non-persone'' in Italy. Italian Romani/Sinti
colleagues of mine
(who are
full-fledged citizens) are describing an atmosphere
of fear and
insecurity
similar to the 1930s - we can only imagine how
Romanian and
ex-Yugoslav Roma must be feeling. Indeed, many have
recently fled
Italy out of
fear for their own safety.

We must act now, and have our voices count to halt
this tide of rising
xenophobia. Please be so kind as to spread this
electronic petition
amongst your networks.

thank you very much.

*PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION BELOW*