[Badgirlz-list] [queersforeconomicjustice] It is not too lat…

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] [queersforeconomicjustice] It is not too late to join the fun

THE AMAZINGLY QUEER RACE FOR ECONOMIC JUSTICE is
almost two weeks away.

It is not too late to register to run in the race -
which is on
Saturday, May
17th. The race will be the most fun you ever have
while making the
world a
better place!

In the words of one person who participated last year:
"It was my most fun New York City day. Ever."

Some details are below. Contact Doyin Ola at (212)
564-3608 or at
qejrace@???, if you have questions, or would
like to register.

Queers for Economic Justice (QEJ) is a progressive
non-profit
 organization
committed to challenging the systems that creates
poverty and economic
injustice in our communities and promoting an economic
system that
 enhances
sexual and gender diversity.  We work with lesbian,
gay, bisexual and
transgender people who are homeless, are on public
assistance and/or
 are
immigrants.

We are organizing a daylong event, our 2nd annual THE
AMAZINGLY QUEER
RACE FOR
ECONOMIC JUSTICE that will be held on May 17th, 2008.
This Manhattan
based,
city-wide event will bring together a multitude of
social justice
organizations, businesses and local and national
community members to
raise
awareness of and gain support for QEJ and to further
the necessary,
unique and
groundbreaking social and political work we do for
low-income New
Yorkers. Our
goal with this fundraiser is also to raise enough
funds cover one year
of our
building rental expenses.

The Race will consist of teams of two working
together, who race from
check-point to check-point to check-point throughout
the city. At each
check-point, the team who arrives first will win a
prize, and the teams
that
come in last will be eliminated. Some of the
check-points will
involved
different kinds of fun challenges and competitions.
At the last leg of
the
race, the remaining teams will be competing to see who
crosses the
finish line
first, and wins the grand prize, and bragging rights.
Last year's grand
prize
was a trip to Florida!

Each two-person team is asked to raise a minimum of
$250 per person (a
minimum
of $500 per team) in donations (rather like the
pledges raised by folks
participating in events such as the AIDSWalk).
Pictures from last
year's Race
can be see at www.myspace.com/qejrace

Contact Doyin Ola at (212) 564-3608 or at
qejrace@???, if you
have
questions, or would like to register.

Be a better friend, newshound, and