[Badgirlz-list] Update on the closing case against LambdaIst…

Author: Errata
To: l38squatter, badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Update on the closing case against LambdaIstanbul
[NextGenderation]
Update on the Closing Case Against Lambdaistanbul

Another hearing of the case which was opened last
summer to shut down Lambdaistanbul was held on 17th
April, 2008 in Istanbul. The hearing on 6th of March
was postponed due to the fact that the expert report
on the case did not arrive at the court yet. On 16th
April, day before the hearing, our lawyers informed us
that the expert report finally arrived and was in
favor of us so we were expecting a decision to come
out of this hearing. However, the judge followed the
wish of the prosecutor to examine the expert report,
and decided to postpone the case again to the 29th of
May. This hearing may or may not be the last hearing,
since the judge has the right to appoint another
expert and prolong the case.
On the day of the hearing, more than 50
Lambdaistanbul supporters were present in front of the
courthouse. We would like to thank everyone for their
support and solidarity.
Lambdaistanbul LGBT Solidarity Association
Lambdaistanbul LGBTT Dayanisma Dernegi

Tel: +90 (0) 212 245 70 68
Istiklâl Caddesi, Katip Celebi Mah. Tel Sok. No: 28/6
Kat:5
Beyoglu - Istanbul
www.lambdaistanbul.org
lambda@???