[Badgirlz-list] Fwd: Linux course for beginners (A'dam)

Author: Errata
To: facklablist, badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Fwd: Linux course for beginners (A'dam)

-------- Original Message --------
'

Linux course for beginners (A'dam)
http://squat.net/barcelona

Wanna unleash the hidden powers of free software?

This course is meant for people who have no or very
little experience
with Linux, who've only used Window$ before (you poor
things!) or even
have never laid a hand on a computer before. Our focus
is to show you
how to install, use and do other cool shit with Linux
just by click,
click, clicking away - no need to give weird commands
to your computer
or other strange stuff like that. Simple as fuck!

As a basis for the course we have choosen Ubuntu Linux
training
published by the Ubuntu community. As the course
manual suggests we
will split the course into two days of workshops,
eight hours each.
Otherwise we'll go with the flow and be flexible.

The main subjects are:

29.03.2007 Day One

Course starts at 12:00h

- Introducing Ubuntu
- Exploring the Ubuntu Desktop
- Using the Internet
- Installing updates and new applications
- Using OpenOffice Applications
- Customizing the Desktop and Applications

05.04.2008 Day Two

Course starts at 12:00h

- File magement
- Making the Most of Images and Photos
- Playing Music and Videos
- Installing and running M$ Windows applications on
Linux

- Ubuntu: Help and Support
- Other issues requested by students

WHAT TO DO TO SUBSCRIBE FOR THE COURSE:

Simply send us an e-mail or drop by SLUG. When
emailing, please tell
us if you want to use your own computer or one of the
machines
prepared by us. The deadline is 22th of March, but
would be nice if
you signed up as early as possible. It will give us
more time to
prepare everything, estimate the number of computers
we need and so
on.

Everyone is welcome! (Except for pigs, politicians,
yuppies and other
such scum. Well, they use Window$ anyway…)

If something is still unclear, you would like to help,
give a workshop
etc. drop as a line at barcelona@???

Barcelona
Van Boetzelaerstraat 1
Westerpark, Amsterdam

E-Mail: barcelona@???
Website: http://squat.net/barcelona

If you want to install Linux on your own machine
before the course
starts you can do it on Saturdays during our Squatters
Linux User
Group (from 15:00 on @ Van Boetzelaerstraat 1). There
you can find
people who live to help you with your technical
problems. While
installing you can use our monitors, keyboards,
etcetera, so no need
to bring your own! Or you can join the installation
party:

22.03.2008

SLUG Special: INSTALLFEST.

Starts at 14:00h

Massive installation party with all the help you could
ever need
available right there. Afterwards, around 18:00 -
19:00 (depending on
how the installation goes) screening of "REVOLUTION
OS" -documentary
by JTS Moore, as an overwiev on history of Linux, the
free software
foundation and opensource movement.