[Badgirlz-list] Feminist Film Festival-Callfor Entries

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Feminist Film Festival-Callfor Entries
[NextGenderation]
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Gender and Global Issues Program of UC Davis will
be hosting the
3rd Annual Davis Feminist Film Festival.

Short films under 60 minutes) should be submitted by
January 31, 2008
for

consideration by our curators. Final decisions will be
announced by

February 15, 2008. Selected entries will be shown in a
2-day festival
on

February 28th and 29th, and selected entries will be
included on a DVD
of

the festival which will be available to the public.

We are looking for films of high artistic quality that
satisfy at least
2

of the following criteria:

?Films created with a eye for gender and/or social
justice issues

?Films that link local & global issues

?Films created by people underrepresented in the media
field

?Films made by people from the Davis/Sacramento area
(Filmmakers from
other

areas are also highly encouraged. If films are not in
English, please

include English subtitles.)

HOW TO SUBMIT:

Send a DVD or videotape of your film, a filmmaker CV,
and a cover
letter to:

Gender and Global Issues Program

One Shields Avenue

Davis, CA 95616

GUIDELINES:

-Short films, under 60 minutes in length

-Label your DVD or videotape with: 1) your name,
address, and telephone

number; and 2) the name of the film.

-Email us at femfilmfest@??? to confirm
receipt of your film

submission

-In your cover letter explain how you and your film
fit our criterion
and

include a 2-3 sentence film synopsis.

-No submission fee. If you would like your film
returned, please
include a

self-addressed stamped envelope (US entries only).

The 3rd Annual Davis Feminist Film Festival will be
screened on
February

28th and 29th, 2008 at the Veteran¹s Memorial Theater
in Davis,
California.

Be a better friend, newshound, and