[NuovoLab] da gaza

Author: Elisabetta Filippi
To: Social Forum
Subject: [NuovoLab] da gaza

Dal mio amico Adham di Jabalia refugees camp - Gaza - Palestina Occupata.
Elisabetta (zaatar)

Eid-Al-Adha under the Israeli siege on Gaza Strip

Today is the first day of Eid-Al-Adha in which all Muslims in the whole world celebrate: Men, women, and children are expected to dress in their finest clothing to perform Eid prayer in any mosque. Muslims who can afford to do so sacrifice their best domestic animals (usually sheep, but also camels, cows, and goats) as a symbol of Ibrahim's (Abraham's) sacrifice. According to the Quran a large portion of the meat has to be given towards the poor and hungry people so they can all join in the feast which is held on Eid-Al-Adha. The regular charitable practices of the Muslim community are demonstrated during Eid-Al-Adha by the concerted effort to see that no impoverished Muslim is left without sacrificial food during these days. People in these days are expected to visit their relations, starting with their parents, then their families and friends.

Since I was born on this occupied land, I have heard people around me saying, “We hope that the next Eid-Al-Adha will be come and to celebrate at same time that Palestine will be liberated from the Israeli occupation, establishing our independent state and Jerusalem as a capital of it and refugees return to their native homes.”In fact, the situation here has deteriorated. Israeli occupation has continued it's policy against Palestinian civilians, killing Palestinian civilians, imposing siege, poverty and unemployment range is increasing, destroying Palestinian houses and also increasing of prisoners and settlements numbers... Every Palestinian family celebrates Eid with big pain because all of them have had the sad experience of losing someone, have been injured or prisoners or they have are homeless .Today, the 43rd patient died as a result of imposing siege on Gaza Strip. Yesterday, 13 Palestinians were killed by Israelis through assassination operations, targeting them by Israeli helicopters and discovery planes.

Gaza celebrates Eid except the suffering:The United Nations office for the co-ordination of humanitarian affairs made a report about the economical situation in Gaza strip in which they said:- More Gazans than ever need food and direct assistance;- Fuel shortages have threatened essential services and water supply;- Life-saving treatments are not available in Gaza’s hospitals;- 17 per cent of patients with referrals were refused exit for treatment in Israel, East Jerusalem or overseas;- The on-going isolation of Gaza threatens the local economy;- Baby milk, medicines, and cooking oil are increasingly scarce;- Hundreds of businesses have gone bankrupt due to ban on imports/exports;- Thousands of laborers have lost their jobs due to the collapse of the building industry;- Building projects worth US$370 million are on hold indefinitely.
People are starving here while the international community is keeping silent. I, a Palestinian who is one of them, blame the United Nations, security council and everyone who witnesses our suffering .Are you happy and proud of what happens here? Do not forget that you are a human as us: so where is the humanity? Is this the world that you are looking to live in?

Adham Khalil Social worker Gaza strip _ Palestine mobile : 00972599527179E blog : http://nagyelali.blogspot.com/A blog http://adhamkhalil.blogspot.com/
Conosci Doretta? Contattala, è ora su Messenger!
http://www.doretta82.it/banner/index.html