[Hackmeeting] traduzione mail [Era: Re: AH! CRISTOMORTO]

Author: obaz
To: hackmeeting
Subject: [Hackmeeting] traduzione mail [Era: Re: AH! CRISTOMORTO]
We are sorry for the lack in translated pages: in real life we're much
more internationally-oriented. But you know: we're so busy doing geek
things ;)
Just wait a bit: we're trying to sort it out.

-------------------------------

Hackmeeting is an independent initiative born in 1998: since then it has
toured around in several Italian cities, and this year it will be hosted
at the autonomous space Rebeldia (near the railway station in Pisa) from
28th to 30th September.

In the last 10 years the meanings of hacking, of underground and of our
relationships with a world uninterested in technology have continously
changed. Today preposterous laws are trying to bind the digital to the
physical world, where control technologies are being dished up to
satisfy an induced need for security, and commercial software producers
can affect the behaviour of millions by just imposing a standard.

Standards, rules and these technologies aiming at restricting or heavily
conditioning the Net are being accepted by a vast majority of users,
very often unwittingly. This is one of Hackmeeting's purposes:
developing and intertwining pockets of resistance scattered over the
Italian and European territories, and trying at least to spread
information on subjects that, though attracting interest among very few
people, affect anyone's everyday life.

For this year's edition, workshops on very different subjects are being
planned: from software licences to anonymity systems, from humanoid
robotics to programming. Here is the temporary and continually evolving
schedule.

These workshops offer a partial insight into what really happens
underground and are one of the several ways in which Hackmeeting
participants share the knowledge they have attained. Besides this, there
are several practical activities which it would be boring to describe
here :)

Hackmeeting is free and open, and the Rebeldia squat has space for
several sleeping bags; it is important, though not vital, to read at least:

our manifesto
our FAQs