[Cm-milano] Fwd: Info Update !! Resistant Art Festival !

Author: Alex Foti
To: Radical-europe, critical mass milano - crew ::: http://www.inventati.org/criticalmass/ ::: la rivoluzione non sara' motorizzata !!!
Subject: [Cm-milano] Fwd: Info Update !! Resistant Art Festival !
*Resistant Art Festival*

*Alternative Cultures against liberty deprivations and standardization of
people and cultures*
*Art is our weapon!!

*

They are 8, the 8 most powerful presidents, who, each year, dressed in $9999
suits, take the right to enforce their choices to the whole planet.

As an act of civil disobedience, we will blockade this summit. The G8 world
is a world of wars, poverty and misery, loss of social and democratic
rights, and environment destruction.

This year they will also decide to whom belongs our artistic creations
(intellectual rights property) and how to control our means of spreading
them (information and communication control, especially on the net), there
won't be any place left for Free, Amateur and Autonomous Arts and Spaces...

With all those who fight against this domination from the "world masters",
we will demonstrate, through our Free Arts, debates and struggles, that we
can overthrow their new order, that a fair and equal world is possible and
that our utopia is concrete !

*As they exploit the whole world, this G8 must be the last !*

As you can imagine, the authorities were not really willing to support the
protesters in finding Camp Places. Far from it ! The repression was
increasing in the last weeks as an attempt of demobilizing us, but most of
their attempts failed, turning their propaganda against themselves.

They have only allowed 3 camps, all far from each others to try to break our
coordination. These camps are based on the hard work of the camp group and
costs for land and supplies for energy, water and toilets, therefore they
can't be free of charge. (at this point Big Up to the Camp07 Group :) )

That was too far from what we are willing to do, a fully autonomous camp,
and if we want to prove that our utopia is concrete, we need to demonstrate
it!
Moreover as the 3 camps can only take care of about 15 000 people, we need
to offer more places, to rest and prepare actions and networking between the
groups to all the others as well, even if it is with much less comfort.

On our camp you will find several Sound Systems grouped in rigs, concerts,
visual arts, performances, a spray wall,... But also videos and speeches
about activism, repression and alternatives, an alternative media point to
relate the infos on the net, an info point, workshops ,... And of course
food and drinks
If you have any possibilities to participate and to offer some other things,
we are of course opened to any initiative/project/actions proposed...

Of course you will need to have some basics things like sleeping materials
(tent, van,... and sleeping bags) and water and food (remember what means
autonomy).

But what is really important to think about is a small PMR Radio walky
talkies [1] because all the coordination, and not only for our camp but for
all actions in general, will be made on radio.

The 2nd June, after the demo, we will give you a meeting point to go to the
camp on the radio.
On sites like free4/gipfel/dissent [2] you will find all infos necessary to
prepare yourself, to be aware of what to take and what is legal/illegal
there, as well as infos on actions and contacts if you need help during the
actions (first aid, legal help,...)

Camps and actions are based on DIY and autonomy so please prepare
banners/ideas/paint and balloons/flyers/...

For those who wants to participate actively inside this autonomous camp we
need to have a few answers to some questions (for those who haven't got in
touch with us yet):
what do you plan to do? When will you arrive? Do you need anything? Do you
have a generator and if not, how many KVa do you need?

If you are fully autonomous and not really willing to announce yourself for
reasons that are yours, then of course we will respect your choice and
welcome you in any way :)

Thanks

Free4 Team

[1]

BRING YOUR RADIO ------> G8 Infostystem !!!!!

PMR-Info-Radio

To spread the latest news there will be a PMR-Info-Radio. It´s part of the
Infosystem and like Infopoints and Infotelephones it will inform you about
the
latest news about demonstrations, blockades and actions. You can reach it
around Heiligendamm and Rostock-Laage during the Action days on Wednesday
and
Thursday. PMR means "Public Mobile Radio". This are a small type of
walkie-talkies that you can legally buy and use. Usually the broadcasting
range
is about 0.5 km to 5 km, depending strongly on surroundings. But to receive
the
Inforadio you don´t need to send - the PMR receives the news like a usual
radio. Due to norming you can buy the PMR all over Europe for about 20 €,
better quality for about 40 €, usually you get two for that price. Make sure

that they have a connection for headphones. In between broadcasting times
the
walkie-talkies can of course be used for communication in between groups in
the
closer action radius.

PMR-Radio:
Broadcasting days:
* Wednesday, 6th of June
* Thursday, 7th of June
Broadcasting times:
* Each hour at xx:45 in periods of action

We will not manage to be punctual to the second - practice patience
What you need: PMR-Walkie-Talkies

[2]

www.dissentnetzwerk.org

www.gipfelsoli.org