[Badgirlz-list] [queersforeconomicjustice] Upcoming Events i…

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] [queersforeconomicjustice] Upcoming Events in March
[queersforeconomicjustice] Upcoming Events in March

Below find information about QEJ's Wednesday community
forum on
homeless LGBT couples, as well as details about other
community events of
interest.

If you would like to be removed from this list, please
email and request to be unsubscribed.

Thanks,

the QEJ staff:
Debanuj DasGupta, Immigration Policy Analyst
Joseph DeFilippis, Executive Director
Mary Guyton, Director of Special Events
Shannon Kearns, Housing Advocate
Doyin Ola, Welfare Organizer
Jay Toole, Shelter Organizer

Queers for Economic Justice
16 W. 32nd Street #10H
New York, NY 10001
(212) 564-3608
www.QueersforEconomicJustice.org

QUEERS FOR ECONOMIC JUSTICE
along with co-sponsors FIERCE!, Green Chimneys, New
York City AIDS
Housing Network, Peter Cicchino Youth Project of the
Urban Justice Center,
and Sylvia Rivera Law Project
invite you to:

A DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP CERTIFICATE IS NOT A HOME:

A Community Forum on Homeless Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual,
Transgender
Couples

In a recent victory for homeless same-sex couples, New
York's
Department of Homeless Services just changed their
policy, and will now consider
Domestic Partnership certificates to be sufficient to
qualify for
family shelter (as opposed to separating them, as was
the previous policy).
While we are pleased with this victory, there are
still many issues
facing homeless LGBT couples.

Join us for a panel discussion & community speak-out
with speakers
from:

The Coalition for the Homeless
Queers for Economic Justice
Rainbow Heights Club
The Urban Justice Center
and others

Learn about the issues that face homeless LGBT couples
including
Criminal Records, Mental Illness, Shelter and Housing,
and Youth Issues.

Speak out about your OWN experiences! We want to hear
from community
members who have been or are currently homeless and in
a LGBT
relationship.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

7 - 9 PM

The LGBT Community Center,
208 W. 13th Street
(A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 to 14th St; L to Eighth Ave)

Please contact Shannon Kearns at shannonk@??? or
212-564-3608 for
more information or visit our website at
www.queersforeconomicjustice.org.

Help build create more amazing organizers and stop
NYC's attempt to
build more jails!!!

Come Party with Critical Resistance!!!!

DJs: Andre the_____ : Soul & House
        Asere: Hip-Hop, Dancehall and Reggaeton

WHERE:
The Brecht Forum
451 West Street (& Bank Street), New YORK

WHEN:
MARCH 9TH, 10:00 PM

WHY:
Get Down in order to Bring Down Jails in NYC!!! We're
trying to raise
$1,500 for the night. your money will go directly to
developing
leadership of more rockstar abolitionists fighting
jail expansion in NYC!
sliding scale, $5-$20.

there will be food, drinks, music, and you! and your
friends! and your
mama!
bring them out, bring em out!

The Queer Immigrant Rights Project Open House 3/18 @
North Star Fund

All LGBTIQ Immigrants & Allies Are Invited to Attend

the Queer Immigrant Rights Project:

QuIR OPEN HOUSE
March 18, 2007

@ The North Star Fund
520 Eighth Avenue, Fl. 22 (Between 36th and 37th
streets)
(A, C, E to 42nd or 34th Street)

FREE BRUNCH FOR ALL!
12:00 pm to 2:00 pm

Come enjoy brunch with QuIR Steering Committee
members, and learn all
about QuIR! We are an LGBTIQ immigrant organization
working on critical
issues facing the LGBTIQ community and immigrant
communities.

We want to hear what's important to you!

Also, learn how to get involved in our Campaign to
Lift the HIV Ban on
Immigration, and other ways that you can support QuIR.

BOARD & VOLUNTEER
INFORMATION SESSION

2:30 pm to 4:30 pm

Would you be interested in joining the QuIR Board? Do
you want to
volunteer to build the LGBTIQ community and fight for
our rights? Then stay
afterwards to learn how to become a volunteer or board
member.

***RSVP to stsastrawidjaja@??? or (646)
229-0235***

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail