[RSF] I: Stop the Next War Now!

Author: pilar
To: forumroma, nadiacervoni
Subject: [RSF] I: Stop the Next War Now!
proposta di dedicare l'otto marzo in tutto il mondo contro tutte le guerre.March 2, 2007

CODEPINK Women for Peace

Dear pilar,

March 8, International Women's Day, is a day to acknowledge and honor women around the globe-our collective wisdom and strength. This year, we want to raise our voices in international chorus to stop the next war—a war with Iran—before it has a chance to start.

We ask women across the world to sign this message to the UN Security Council, urging them to oppose any military action against Iran:

We, the women in the international community, are concerned about a possible U.S. military attack on Iran. We have already seen the disastrous consequences of the US invasion of Iraq, especially for the women of that country, and we are determined to stop a similar fate from befalling the women of Iran.

As we celebrate International Women's Day on March 8, we call upon you, as countries with representation on the UN Security Council, to oppose any military action against Iran.

Click to read the full text and add your name to the letter, and don't forget to let us know if you can join us in New York or DC(http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/codepink/petition.jsp?petition_KEY=482). You can also print out a copy of the letter here (http://www.codepinkalert.org/downloads/IWDLetter_07.doc) and send it to the UN Security Council (140 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017).

Local CODEPINK groups in New York and Washington DC will be delivering the letter en masse on March 8. For anyone participating in a March 8 event, please take copies of this letter with you and get women to sign up (http://www.codepinkalert.org/downloads/IWDLetter_07.doc). Those outside the US can find the list of participating Security Council countries here (http://www.un.org/sc/members.asp); follow the link to your home country for contact information. We are thrilled to make this a truly international action.

If you desire a detailed analysis of how the Bush administration is paving the way for war in Iran, Seymour Hersh's recent article (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17173.htm) is a must read. Let's use our collective energy and power on International Women's Day to stop this next war in its tracks.

Celebrating you every day,
Dana, Farida, Gael, Gayle, Jodie, Liz, Medea, Nancy, Patricia, Rae, Samantha, and Sonia

PS:

Activists around the country occupy Congressional offices to demand: Stop funding the War!

In over 25 districts peace activists are making routine visits to their representatives' offices:

- After being locked out this past week CODEPINK Chicago activists demonstrated outside Senator Durbin's office, and four activists were arrested (http://codepinkalert.org/userdata_display.php?modin=54&uid=2159).

- Five CODEPINK women got inside Senator Hillary Clinton's fundraiser in San Francisco, and were arrested after unfurling banners reading "We Need a Peace President! Stop the War Fund!" (http://listenhillary.org/article.php?id=789).

- Check out a video clip from Los Angeles CODEPINK 's occupation of Cong. Adam Schiff's office (http://www.codepinkalert.org/article.php?id=1751). See a video of activists in St. Louis reading the names of soldiers and Iraqis killed in the war during their occupation or Cong. Russ Carnahan's office (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G26TVUXK5UY).

Our message to Congress to stop funding the war is reaching the ears of staffers, the media, and our local communities.

Act now to stop your Congressperson from funding the war: Join your local Occupation Project or grow your own project by visiting our website: (http://www.codepink4peace.org/article.php?list=type&type=192)

END THE WAR NOW! JOIN US IN DC!
Thanks to those of you who contributed to fund our DC Pink House—now we need you to join us in DC! We have a very small window of opportunity to get Congress to vote against funding the War, supporting the troops and bringing them home. The supplemental will be voted on in March, we need to be a powerful presence at every vote. We need to tell Congress if they fund it they own it and can no longer blame Bush—it will now be their war. In November they got the power to act, let us remind them: use it or lose it! ( www.codepinkalert.org/article.php?id=1773)