[Cm-milano] Fw: ::UPCOMING TIME'S UP! EVENTS::

Author: Roberto Migliau
To: cm
Subject: [Cm-milano] Fw: ::UPCOMING TIME'S UP! EVENTS::

From: "Time's Up!" <timesup@???>
To: <undisclosed-recipients:>
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 1:54 AM
Subject: ::UPCOMING TIME'S UP! EVENTS::

> You will love this video by the Time's Up! Video

Collective regarding pedicabs:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA6FX-88_mw
>

> Good news! Non-polluting transportation is on

the increase in New York City. Hybrid vehicles,
pedicabs, and bicycling are continuing to thrive
on the streets thanks to people like you.

> Bad News. Even though we have the streets, some

politicians with a limited view of the future and
special interests weighing down their back pockets
are considering caps, bans, and restrictions on
the future growth of non-polluting transportation.
This week there will be another vote which could
limit the amount of pedicabs in New York City.

> OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU!
>
> Contact Christine Quinn by phone: (212) 788-7210

or use this quick, easy form:
http://www.nyccouncil.info/rightnow/contactspkr.cf

and the Pedicab Owners Association www.nycpoa.org

> **
> In other news, our Tuesday night Bike Repair

Workshops now have a set schedule. See below for
great new Tuesday nights!

> ****************
> ****************
> BOOKMARK OUR EVENTS CALENDAR!
> http://times-up.org/calendar/calendar.php
>
> Become a member at

http://times-up.org/index.php?page=membership-supp
ort
> ***************
> ***************
>

> Come join us for the rides, events and workshops

listed below. Details follow the headlines.

> ****************
> 1. NYPD SURVEILLANCE PANEL
> Thursday, March 1, 8 p.m.
> Time's Up! Space, 49 East Houston Street
> ***************
> 2. CENTRAL PARK MOONLIGHT RIDE
> Friday, March 2, 10 p.m.
> Columbus Circle (SW corner of Central Park, at

the intersection of Broadway, Central Park South
59th Street, and Central Park West)
> ***************
> 3. COLLECTIVE SPACE VOLUNTEER DAY- Bike Ride to

End All Wars Working Day
> Sunday, March 4, 2 p.m.
> Time's Up! Space, 49 East Houston Street
> ****************
> 4. RALLY FOR PEDESTRIAN SAFETY
> Sunday, March 4, 3 p.m.
> City Hall Steps
> ****************
> 5. MOVIE NIGHT: THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS

LIKE, THIS IS WHAT FREE TRADE LOOKS LIKE
> Thursday, March 8, 8 p.m.
> Time's Up! Space, 49 East Houston Street
> ****************
> 6. CRITICAL MASS: BROOKLYN
> Friday March 9, 7 p.m.
> Grand Army Plaza
> ****************
> 7. PROSPECT PARK MOONLIGHT RIDE
> Saturday, March 10, 9 p.m.
> Grand Army Plaza
> ****************
> 8. COLLECTIVE SPACE VOLUNTEER DAY
> Sunday, March 11, 2 p.m.
> Time's Up! Space, 49 East Houston Street
> ****************
> 9. BIKE REPAIR WORKSHOPS
> Weekly, see description at the bottom of this

email.
> Time's Up! Space, 49 East Houston Street
> --Exciting new Tuesday Schedule--
> ****************
>

> ****************
> BOOKMARK OUR EVENTS CALENDAR!
> http://www.times-up.org/calendar/calendar.php
> ***************
>

> ****************
> 1. NYPD SURVEILLANCE PANEL
> Thursday, March 1, 8 p.m.
> Time's Up! Space, 49 East Houston Street
>
> Panel discussion on new laws restricting NYPD

surveillance of public events, with Gideon O.
Oliver.

> ***************
> 2. CENTRAL PARK MOONLIGHT RIDE
> Friday, March 2, 10 p.m.
> Columbus Circle (SW corner of Central Park, at

the intersection of Broadway, Central Park South
59th Street, and Central Park West)

> Join us for a relaxing auto-free ride through

Central Park. Enjoy the tranquility of the park
and its beautiful ponds and waterways. This
totally safe ride, with front and rear bike
guides, is a nature lover's dream in Manhattan!
The ride moves at a very leisurely pace with a few
stops to enjoy the scenery. We usually finish
before midnight, back at Columbus Circle. Total
mileage is under 10 miles. Any kind of bike will
work.

> http://times-up.org/gallery/view.php?photoid=737
> http://times-up.org/gallery/view.php?photoid=273
> http://times-up.org/gallery/view.php?photoid=274
>
> ***************
> 3. COLLECTIVE SPACE VOLUNTEER DAY
> Sunday, March 4, 2 p.m.
> Time's Up! Space, 49 East Houston Street
>
> Everything we do- from organizing events to

maintaining our website to fielding press
inquiries, to mailing our calendar- is done by
volunteers who commit their time and energy to
helping the environment by helping Time's Up!
Whether you have been with Time's Up! 20 years or
just a week, we would love to work with you; Don't
be shy!
> This week we will focus our efforts and creative

energy on making banners and props for the Bike
Ride to End All Wars, bring paint, brushes,
fabric, and most importantly yourselves.

> http://times-up.org/index.php?page=volunteer
>
> ****************
> 4. RALLY FOR PEDESTRIAN SAFETY
> Sunday, March 4, 3 p.m.
> City Hall Steps
>
> Already this year, too many have lost their

lives on New York City Streets. Just two weeks ago
James Rice (age 4) was killed by a turning SUV
while crossing Baltic Street in Boerum Hill. What
makes this young boy's death even more appalling
is that the intersection where he ws killed was
slated for traffic calming improvements nearly
three years ago.

http://www.streetsblog.org/2007/02/14/four-year-ol
d-killed-by-hummer-shouldnt-have-died-in-vain/

http://www.streetsblog.org/2007/02/19/dot-pledged-
pedestrian-safety-fixes-for-third-avenue-by-2006/

> transalt.org
>
> ****************
> 5. MOVIE NIGHT: THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS

LIKE, THIS IS WHAT FREE TRADE LOOKS LIKE
> Thursday, March 8, 8 p.m.
> Time's Up! Space, 49 East Houston Street
>
> During the 1999 World Trade Organization summit

in Seattle, activists gathering to promote
economic justice managed to shut down the WTO.
This documentary tells the story from the point of
view of more than 100 activists who turned their
cameras on the police.
> The companion film This is What Free Trade Looks

Like, is one of the first activist films to
carefully explain how free trade operates.

> ****************
> 6. CRITICAL MASS: BROOKLYN
> Friday March 9, 7 p.m.
> Grand Army Plaza
>
> Critical Mass is a monthly celebration of

bicycles and other nonpolluting means of
transportation and exercising our right to the
road. Critical Mass is a movement, not an
organization; no two riders participate for
exactly the same reason. Celebrate cycling and
assert your right to the road- Brooklyn style!

> ****************
> 7. PROSPECT PARK MOONLIGHT RIDE
> Saturday, March 10, 9 p.m.
> Grand Army Plaza
>
> Join us as we discover Prospect Park at night.

Prospect Park is a 526-acre urban oasis located in
the heart of Brooklyn. This ride is open to bikers
and skaters, it is a safe, peaceful ride that
visits many of the little-known treasures the park
has to offer.

> ****************
> 8. COLLECTIVE SPACE VOLUNTEER DAY
> Sunday, March 11, 2 p.m.
> Time's Up! Space, 49 East Houston Street
>
> Everything we do- from organizing events to

maintaining our website to fielding press
inquiries, to mailing our calendar- is done by
volunteers who commit their time and energy to
helping the environment by helping Time's Up!
Whether you have been with Time's Up! forever or
just a week, we would love to work with you; Don't
be shy! Everything from fixing up the collective's
bicycles to sewing, silk-screening and cleaning up
the garden.

> http://times-up.org/index.php?page=volunteer
>
> ****************
> 9. WEEKLY BIKE REPAIR WORKSHOPS
> All workshops are in the Time's Up! Space

(basement!), 49 East Houston Street
> http://times-up.org/index.php?page=bike-co-op
>
> LADIES' BICYCLE REPAIR NIGHT
> Every Monday, 6:30 p.m.
>
> Come learn the basics of bicycle repair from

female mechanics at our workshop designed by and
for women. You will learn on our bicycles (you
can apply what you've learned to your own bike on
Thursday nights). No previous experience with
bicycle repair required -- or expected.

> ***************
> BIKE REPAIR WORKSHOPS
> Every Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.
>
> Come learn how to fix bikes, do simple

maintenance and tune-ups at the bike mechanic
skill share. All the fun is in the basement- NEW
SCHEDULE:
> 1st Tuesday- Basics for Beginners
> 2nd Tuesday- Cables and Housing
> 3rd Tuesday- Cups, Cones, and Bearings
> 4th Tuesday- Wheels and Spokes

> FIX YOUR BIKE WORKSHOP
> Every Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
>
> Bring your bike to the basement and share skills

with other cyclists while you fix up your own
bike.