[NuovoLab] pubblicazione world tribunal on Iraq

Author: paola manduca
Subject: [NuovoLab] pubblicazione world tribunal on Iraq

Ricevo ed invio la notizia della pubblicazione in
molte lingue del lavor del tribunale mondiale
sull'Iraq.
pm

Dear friends,

This is to let you know that after the succesful
publication of the
Turkish
version of the "World Tribunal on Iraq - Istanbul
Culmination Session"
book
in June, we are now getting worldwide interest in
other
languages/countries.

I am very happy to say that the book will be published
in Spring 2007
in the
USA by Interlink/Olive Branch. Tulika in India (and
Pakistan,
Bangladesh and
Southeast Asia), Jacana in South Africa and Fernwood
in Canada will be
doing
simultaneous publications. Verso is interested in UK
rights, Links in
Germany in the German version and we are about to hear
a decision from
one
prominent French publisher who plans to make a
co-edition with several
French-language African publishers from our Alliance
of Independent
Publishers.

We did all the editing work (including preparing the
full English
version)
voluntarily, so did not use the funds Alliance had
saved for this
project,
and asked them to subsidize the translations into
other languages. We
have
also waived the royalty in the contracts we make with
other publishers,
on
condition that they keep their edition as cheap as
possible to secure
the
widest circulation.

I know that this is little consolation considering the
state of the
world
today, yet it feels good to know that the WTI findings
will be read
worldwide, so just wanted to share the news with you
people who made
the
whole process possible...

In solidarity,