[Badgirlz-list] Train the Trainers Workshop/ Know Your Right…

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list, helena-info
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Train the Trainers Workshop/ Know Your Rights Training

[queersforeconomicjustice]

Please join Queers for Economic Justice for our
"Welfare Warriors"
meeting,
Saturday, October 7th @ 4pm, and our Immigration “Know
Your Rights”
training on Monday, October 9th @ 6pm.(details below
about both events)

ps - If you would like to be removed from this list,
please email us
and let us
know.
Saturday, October 7th @ 4pm

Welfare Warriors "TRAIN THE TRAINERS" Workshop

Are you tired of...

Not receiving enough public assistance (PA)?

Having work assignments that don't give you the
opportunity to learn
skills needed to get better paying jobs?

Going to numerous Fair Hearings in order to keep
receiving the benefits
you deserve?

Come to the WELFARE WARRIORS "Train the Trainers"
workshop & get
involved in our Community Education Campaign!

Learn how to run a workshop and join us in educating
the broader
community on poverty issues and economic Justice!

*HRA - Human Resources Administration

FOOD AND METROS PROVIDED
When: Saturday, October 7th @ 4pm
Where: Queers for Economic Justice. 16 W 32nd Street,
b/w 5th &
Broadway.
Suite 10H. N,R,Q,W,B,F,D,V trains to 34th
street/Herald Square

For more info, call QEJ @ 212.564.3608 x11 and ask for
Doyin

Welfare Warriors, a project of Queers for Economic
Justice, is a group
of
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Gender Nonconforming
(LGBTGNC) people
who
have experience with poverty. We organize to make the
welfare system
accountable to low-income LGBTGNC people and to
improve the benefits
available for all low-income people. Through direct
action, community
education, and coalition building with other
progressive organizations,
we
seek to empower our communities and to connect our
struggle for welfare
rights to larger struggles for social justice.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS:
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Immigrants

Monday October 9th
6pm-6:30 Dinner
6:30-8.00pm speakers and Q&A

@ Queers for Economic Justice
16 West 32nd Street, Suite 10H, New York, NY10001
Between Broadway and 5th Avenues.
N,Q,R,W,B,D,F,V trains to 34th Street/Herald Square

What do I do if I am stopped by the police?

What if the FBI comes knocking on my door?

Can I apply for Food Stamps?

Can I apply for emergency Medicaid?

What Public Benefits am I eligible for?

FREE DINNER AND METRO CARD PROVIDED

With speakers from:
Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
Legal Aid Society

Organized by Queers for Economic Justice
Call and leave a message for Debanuj (212) 564-3608
EXT 16 for
questions
Or check out our website at
www.QueersforEconomicJustice.org