[Hackmeeting] [Fwd: [NetBehaviour] Data bodies.]

Autor: jilt
Para: hackmeeting
Asunto: [Hackmeeting] [Fwd: [NetBehaviour] Data bodies.]
-------------------------- Messaggio originale ---------------------------
Oggetto: [NetBehaviour] Data bodies.
Da:      "marc" <marc.garrett@???>
Data:    Dom, 20 Agosto 2006 2:27 pm
A:       "NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity"
<netbehaviour@???>

Data bodies.

The Super Vision performance (via Grand Text Auto), by the Builders
Association and dbox, was presented last week at ISEA and it looks taps
right into my interests of the moment (which are roughly about
artists/hackers' guerilla tactics to re-gain a sense of privacy in
public space.)

Even before we are born, our personal electronic data begins to
accumulate and to circulate. From our first sonogram, to birth
certificates, academic records, dental records, credit card purchases,
passports, and emails – as we grow, our “data body” grows with us, and
becomes an integral part of our identity. In the age of information, we
have come to accept, allow, and depend upon this new identity. How do we
relate to the growing cloud of data that surrounds us and others?

http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/archives/008862.php

--
Furtherfield - http://www.furtherfield.org
HTTP - http://www.http.uk.net