[Badgirlz-list] Radical Gathering for Women in Spain (21-24/…

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Radical Gathering for Women in Spain (21-24/09)
[NextGenderation]

Radical Gathering for Women – Escanda, Asturias,
Spain, 21-24 September
2006

What & Why?
This gathering will bring women together who are
involved in, or
interested in radical politics. By radical we mean
self-organised,
grassroots politics that work outside traditional
political structures,
that aim to be non-hierarchical and seek non-reformist
ways of
resisting
oppression.

We want to come together to discuss our views and
strategies on some of
the most important political issues we face.

This gathering is an opportunity and space for women
to share their
politics and practices, to get to know each other, and
each other’s
different backgrounds and political contexts, to talk,
collectively
learn, strategise, build lasting relationships and
potentially common
political projects and networks.

We want to bring together women to talk about
migration, racism,
sexwork
and share experiences working with these issues in
different countries.
We want to talk about eco struggles, workers struggles
and prisoner
support. We want to talk about the gendered dimension
of class, race,
and violence. We want to talk about feminism, queer
and transgendered
politics and how to take and maintain control over our
bodies, health
and reproduction. We want to talk about sexuality, sex
and
relationships
with all sexes and genders. We want to explore
“women´s solidarity”;
what is it? do we need it, and if we do, how do we do
it?

We hope that people can share skills and experiences
on direct action,
bike maintenance, building sex toys, self-defence,
techie stuff,
alternative media, DIY women´s health and herbalism,
parenting,
alternative living projects and social centers, how to
organise
gatherings, meetings and workshops.

This gathering will also provide the opportunity to
chill, socialize
and
play in an amazing place. We can show films, share
resources and
stories, sing, dance and party.

We have four days and an ocean of experience and
skills, what we end up
doing with it very much depend on who comes and wants
to help
facilitate
workshops so let us know.

Where?
Casa Escanda, Ronzon, Pola de Lena, Asturias, Spain.

Escanda is an international autonomous space, residing
in the old
hamlet
of Ronzón, surrounded by a big organic garden and
apple orchards since
2003. It is a rural collective with a strong focus on
popular education
and skill-sharing, renewable energy and sustainability
among many other
things. Escanda is a space for experimenting and
developing alternative
organisation to that of the capital and the state
(www.escanda.org).

Who?
This space would be exclusively for women (including
transgendered)
that
already share radical politics and practices. Women
will come from all
over Europe and where ever else our networks stretch.
We are inviting
individual women and women of specific campaigns,
projects and
movements.
The gathering is unfortunately limited due to
infrastructure and space
to 60 women. Therefore we hope this will be a
springboard for more
women´s gatherings and longer-term initiatives.

How?
Some sleeping space will be provided by Escanda, space
available in the
houses and camping in the apple orchard. There is also
a hostel nearby
where people can stay for free. The food will be
vegan/veggie, and the
gathering will be self organised with every one
helping to run the
event.
The working languages for this gathering will be
Spanish and English.
If
you have any concerns about language, bringing
children, other
abilities
or anything else please let us know.

Please find attached to this email, the invitation,
proposed programme
and how to go about registering for the gathering.

Kind Regards,

Tami, Maria, Ziggy, Melania, Pinelopi, Elin, Tamsin,
Becs, Cecilia