[Badgirlz-list] Queer Shabbaton Amsterdam 5-6 August, 2005

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Queer Shabbaton Amsterdam 5-6 August, 2005
[NextGenderation]

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Queer Shabbaton Amsterdam 2006

4-6 August, 2006

In the summer of 2005 Congregation Beith Ha Chidush in
Amsterdam organised its first Queer Shabbaton in
Europe's hottest capital. LGBTQ Jews from all over the
world came together to focus on arts, performance and
politics. By means of workshops and discussions led by
international authorities in various fields,
participants celebrated the rich and diverse
traditions in which their diverse identities are
rooted. The Queer Shabbaton Amsterdam also turned out
a great way to meet nice Jewish grrrzls and boyz from
all over Europe, the States and Israel. Entertainment
and delicious shabbat dinners played a central role
during this weekend!

Due to last year's big succes, this year Beith Ha
Chidush will organize this year the second edition of
it's unique Queer Shabbaton Amsterdam! Don't miss out!

This shabbaton will take place from Friday the 4th
till Sunday the 6th of August 2006. Amsterdam Gay
Pride will take place on Saturday and the shabbaton
will offer a great framework to watch or even
participate in this event. The Queer Shabbaton will be
held in one of Amsterdam's oldest synagogues, the
Uilenburg Synagogue. Hospitality housing for the
shabbaton will be arranged.

Within a month time, we will send you more information
about the programm, the speakers and the costs. Also
keep an eye on our website: it will be updated really
soon.

www.queershabbaton.org

For more information: +31 (0)6 48 35 9813

Reactions of participants of last year's shabbaton:

- "Thank you for creating an interesting, fun and
thoughtprovoking weekend!...You've done briljant!"

- "I had such a fun time, and it really felt like a
homecoming to spend time with so many other
queer Jews. I look forward to attending the Queer
Shabbaton again in
2006!"

- "Congratulations with the lovely weekend! Beit ha
Chidush can be proud about its Queer Shabaton
Amsterdam, which has deeply inspired all the
participants, including myself. Apart from the high
spiritual and intellectual level, which I enjoyed very
much, I met so many interesting people, some of them
might even be long term contacts. And the food!"