[Cm-roma] Shell crime

Author: arancione35
To: cm cm
Subject: [Cm-roma] Shell crime
Remember Saro-Wiwa and never forget (SHELL) the Ogoni Struggle.

http://wpop26.libero.it/cgi-bin/webmail.cgi?ID=IklAQrpA0xpOKb1DZDMUWU47hrseUrnw75QgxfOAlJxo&Act_Parse=login-inbox

World United Remembrance Day

November 10th

Meet at:

Aberdeen railway station 2pm

Or

The Anglo-Dutch Shell Headquarters 3:30 to 6pm

A Peaceful Protest for Very Peaceful Activists

Bring music, candles, poems, and good advice for the Shell directors.

“Shell’s clean-up of oil spills and repair of pipelines in Nigeria is scandalously inadequate and would never be tolerated in Europe or North America.” Christian Aid Report 2003

More info. www.remembersarowiwa.com

or contact sarowiwascotland@???

- - - - -

I’ll tell you this, I may be dead but my ideas will not die. Ken Saro-Wiwa 1995

In 1990, Saro-Wiwa started to dedicate himself solely to the amelioration of the problems of the oil producing regions of the Niger Delta. Focusing on his homeland, Ogoni, he launched a non-violent movement for social and ecological justice. In this role he attacked the oil companies and the Nigerian government accusing them of waging an ecological war against the Ogoni and precipitating the genocide of the Ogoni people. He was so effective, that by 1993 the oil companies had to pull out of Ogoni. This cost him his life. He was executed November 10th 1995.