[Badgirlz-list] New Karakola Odyssey: 'the house of your lif…

Autor: Errata
Asunto: [Badgirlz-list] New Karakola Odyssey: 'the house of your life'
[NextGenderation]
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

SEPTEMBER ­ OCTOBER ­ NOVEMBER 2005
LA KARAKOLA WORK CAMP
DON¹T MISS IT!

But, what is the Karakola? La Eskalera Karakola is a
women¹s project
which
is now entering a new phase: until recently it was a
squatted Feminist
Social Center at the address Embajadores 40 in Madrid,
which for over
eight
years has been producing feminist thought and practice
from an
autonomous
and self-managed space. For details about the long
trajectory of this
space
you can visit: www.sindominio.net/karakola

Now this project faces a new chapter in its odyssey
after the cession
by the
city government of two shopfront spaces at Embajadores
52: the design,
construction and creation of a future space which has
­ at the moment ­
only
floor and ceiling. Not a bad start. The challenge:
give form, content
and
utility to these 120 square meters.

But who said beginnings were easy? And can we make
moments of
cooperation,
learning and fun out of these difficult beginnings?

This magnum opus will begin in September and will
extend throughout the
months of October and November. We have organized it
as a sort of work
camp, divided into teams which will do tasks for all
tastes: plumbing,
masonry, electric wiring, flooringŠ

We want to invite you all to participate, making this
work into an
opportunity for encounter and learning, particularly
for women.

What better way to begin anew than by making the
beginning itself a
project
of encounters and passions, alliances and support,
plans and optimisms
all
mixed up with plaster and bricks and paint? As
someone said as yet
another
chunk of wall of the old house fell down, ³Feminism
just isn¹t the same
without cement.²

For those of you who would like to join us, please
write to
silvia@??? and/or marisa@???

You tell us the dates you might be able to come and
for how long. If
you
are coming from outside Madrid, the same goes: let us
know how many
people
you are and for how long you can come. There will be
no problem with
housing
for everyone, though we cannot guarantee meals. Our
debts are getting
bigger and our pockets getting smallerŠ that¹s what
happens in
construction.
But we will figure out the most economic form possible
to feed
ourselves
collectively.

All are welcome to share this great moment with us,
don¹t miss it!

Eskalera Karakola
July 2005

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs