[Cm-crew] [NoviGlob] Notizie da NessunLuogo [28032005]

Author: schizo-mobile
Subject: [Cm-crew] [NoviGlob] Notizie da NessunLuogo [28032005]

> CM in Warsaw, Poland
> [critical-mass at Yahoo! Groups]

This month Critical Mass in Warsaw was huge ;-)
There was 611 cyclists (last year in march it was 170) - I don't know
how it will look at summer, when the weather is much better than now ;-)

http://masa.sdv.pl

> Ex-coder's account of life as a bike courier
> [Boing Boing]

Cory Doctorow: Duff is an ex-coder in Toronto who took Neal Stephenson
and William Gibson to heart, and gave up programming to become a
bike-courier, shedding pounds, getting hit by cars, and working the
best job in his life...

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/03/25/excoders_account_of_.html

> NY Times: MANHATTAN: CITY WANTS TO LIMIT BIKE PROTEST
> [critical-mass at Yahoo! Groups]

The city is seeking to limit the monthly Critical Mass protest ride
through Manhattan by requiring permits for the ride and for the use of
the group's main staging area, Union Square...

> NYC Files Suit to Censor TIME'S UP! and End Critical Mass
> [NYC IMC]

New York City filed a lawsuit this week, seeking to prevent the TIME'S
UP! nonprofit environmental group from promoting or advertising events
that the city alleges to be illegal. The lawsuit also states that
TIME'S UP! and the general public cannot participate in riding or
gathering at the Critical Mass bike ride. It claims that any event
whatsoever with 20 or more persons require a permit...

http://nyc.indymedia.org/feature/display/146175/index.php

> Arrests continue at NYC Critical Mass
> [NYC IMC]

After a festive beginning with a marching band, and Rev Billy reciting
the First Amendment, riders pulled out of Union Sq and were
immediately arrested. The first 3 arrests occurred on the NE corner of
17th St. and Broadway. Police stretched the orange nets at Broadway
and 17th, 5th and 17th, 6th and 17th, trapping riders in the two
blocks.

http://nyc.indymedia.org/feature/display/146345/index.php

> NY1\Protest Riders Say Police Seized Bikes Illegally
> [critical-mass at Yahoo! Groups]

Some people who participated in Friday's Critical Mass protest ride in
Manhattan say police confiscated their bicycles without
justification... Other riders say they locked their bikes but that
officer cut the chains with power saws and took them... About 200
riders showed up for Friday's ride, and 37 people were arrested...

> Happy Birthday Critical Mass
> [UK Indymedia Newswire]

London Critical Mass will be celebrating our 11th year of monthly bike
rides on April 29th.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/03/307738.html

> Bikes & Comics
> [Pulse of the Twin Cities]

Local cartoonists Roger Lootine, Ken Avidor and Andy Singer have
collectively been doodling for decades. And while each artist has a
distinct style, all three share a passion for biking that's
highlighted in the new Bikes & Comics show at One on One Bicycle
Studio...

http://www.pulsetc.com/article.php?sid=1673

> 2-sided pov toy
> [drewish.com]

i've spent the last few months working on a persistence of vision
(pov) circuit for a bike wheel. this is...

http://drewish.com/blogger/archives/2005/03/17/2sided_pov_toy.html

#
# mar 28 - Three Mile Island releases radioactive gas, 1979 #