[Badgirlz-list] Online Discussions@WomenWatch

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Errata
Päiväys:
Aihe: [Badgirlz-list] Online Discussions@WomenWatch
Online Discussions@WomenWatch

We invite you to join our online discussions which
provides an
important
opportunity to share your views, experiences and
concerns before a
historical meeting.

In 2005, a review of the implementation of the Beijing
Declaration and
Platform of Action (1995) and the outcome of the
twenty third special
session of the General Assembly (2000) entitled "Women
2000: gender
equality, development and peace for the twenty-first
century, will be
undertaken by the 49th session of the Commission on
the Status of Women
(CSW) in New York from 28 February to 11 March 2005.

In order to increase participation and input of young
women and men
into
this process of evaluation, the United Nations
Division for the
Advancement of Women will launch a three-week online
discussion (17
January - 6 February 2005) on "Vision of Young Women
and Men for Gender
Equality". Your views and analyses will be summarized
in a report which
be made available to the 49th session of the CSW.

For the purpose of the online discussion, the weekly
themes are as
follows: Week 1 (17-23 January): You will have the
opportunity to
share your views on gender equality and stereotypical
attitudes and
behaviour. How is gender equality defined in your
environment? Are
there stereotypes in your community about the roles,
responsibilities
and opportunities of women and men and girls and
boys? What steps do
you think should be taken to challenge these
stereotypes? Week 2 (24-30
January): Your contributions will be welcome on issues
related to
gender
equality and peace, education and employment, health
and HIV/AIDS, the
environment, and other areas that concern young women
and men, and
their
role as leaders in promoting gender equality. Week 3
(31 January-6
February): We will welcome your thoughts and vision
for gender equality
in the future. What actions do you think should be
taken by
Governments,
civil society, including young women and men, to
promote gender
equality?

Please register online on our web page
http://www.un.org/womenwatch/forums/review/youth/ or
send an e-mail to
reviewforum-register@??? with the subject "Vision
of Young Women and
Men for Gender Equality". Please provide the following
information: (i)
name;
(ii) sex (female/male); (iii) age group (choose one:
13-19, 20-24, over
25); (iv) country of origin; (v) organizational
affiliation (choose
one:
student, academia, Government, NGO, UN, other); and
(vi) how you heard
about this online discussion. This information is for
DAW
record-keeping
and statistical purposes only. You will then receive a
login name and a
password to join the discussion (registration might
take up to one
day).

Registration may take up to one day.

Thank you for your participation and we look forward
to lively
discussions.