[Badgirlz-list] About women and transgendered experiences...

Autor: Errata
Asunto: [Badgirlz-list] About women and transgendered experiences...
[NextGenderation]
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

FW: A Call to Action: women and transgendered
experiences of a queer revolution

Hello all.

I ve been chatting with Ramsey over at AK Press about
putting together
an
anthology of essays and stories on queer organizers
that would examine
how
one can organize events and festivals in their
hometowns and stories of
our
experiences with organizing queer festivals, events,
resource centers,
club
nights, happenings, etc. AK Press is thrilled with the
concept and the
proposal
and would like to pursue the publishing of this
anthology. I ve
contacted
all of you as I would love to have you participate in
this project and
am
inspired by your activism and community organizing. If
you are
interested
in being part of this anthology please let me know.
Essays or personal
stories
should be under 4,000 words and sent to me by Feb 23rd
2005 at
femina_potens@???.
If you could get them to me sooner that would be
fabulous. Below is a
blurb
about the anthology to give you all insite into the
project. If you
know
of other women and transgendered queer organizers that
would make
excellent
additions to this anthology please pass their info
onto me.

Thank you.
Tina Butcher

http://www.feminanpotens.com
http://www.tinabutcher.com
http://www.akpress.org/
http://www.akuk.com/

A Call to Action: women and transgendered experiences
of a queer
revolution
is a compilation of essays and true stories of strong
women and
transfolk
who put it all out there on the line to make a
difference in the queer
community creating further visibility, support,
education, and
inspiration
to queers everywhere. These are stories from
collectives, non profits,
and
groups of women and transfolk that are organizing
events, workshop,
rock
shows,
festivals, and creating resource centers that are
strengthening our
community.
These voices of change often go unheard and unnoticed
when you are
living
in small towns in the middle of Nowhere, USA. I grew
up in the middle
of
the midwest craving change and community and it wasn t
until I moved to
San
Francisco in my early twenties that I really found
that. All of the
organizations
featured in this anthology created a call to action
from the queer
community
to get involved, to support each other and inspire one
another with art
and
revolutionary actions. This book is created in hopes
to fuel that fire
of
inspiration and to bring about a call to action once
again from all the
queers
out there, to let you all know that it can be done
where ever you live,
and
how you can start organizing in your hometown. Because
if there is
going
to be a change, we re going to need to do it
ourselves.