[Cm-milano] [CRITCAL MASS IN NYC AGAIN UNDER THREAT]

Author: Hugenay
Subject: [Cm-milano] [CRITCAL MASS IN NYC AGAIN UNDER THREAT]
Ricevo dai cugini d'oltre oceano che sono stati il mese scorso in visita
a Milano
Fate girare...

----- Forwarded message from Ross Barbara -----

Dear friends of the NYC Critical Mass

New York City has just requested an injunction against the NYC Critical
Mass. This is the monthly pro-bike ride that is now attracting up to 5000
people. They say we are blocking traffic, yet we all know bicyclers are
traffic & that they should be encouraging more cycling for a healthier
less-congested city. If you support the Critical Mass and don't want to see
mass arrests this friday (it's the extra fun Halloween ride this friday,
starting at 7pm Union Square North), there's some things you can do, the
most important is having a packed hearing room as the City's requested
injunction is granted or denied! Please spread the word far and wide. It's
assumed a number of people will be able to speak.

3 pm tomorrow, Wednesday, October 27th
Judge Pauley's courtroom
500 Pearl St.(Near City Hall, opposite Foley Square, south of 100 Center
St.)

you can also read the injunction at http://info.interactivist.net -- and
yes, this impacts many kinds of processions and gatherings...You can also
write a letter of support by tonight to Judge Pauley:

Honorable William H Pauley III
United States District Court
500 Pearl Street
New York, NY 10038

The letters should explain who you are, what you do and why you think that
Critical Mass is important, or why you choose to ride in it (you can add how
many years you have taken part, what groups you are involved with, etc).
Please drop it off at the bike convergence space, 49 E Houston tonight, or
you can fax it to this machine (by 9:30 pm EST) & we will take it over for
you -- 212 674 6206 (no cover sheet needed)

One of the amazing things about Critical Mass is that it's an unorganized
coincidence, a ride without leaders. So it's important that everyone helps
get the word out and show it matters to us all.
if you click http://www.critical-mass.org, you'll find it has spread to
nearly 400 cities, all yearning for cleaner air and more convivial public
space.

You need not be a New Yorker to respond ASAP!
spread the word, many thanks, Barbara

----- End forwarded message -----

ciao,
h.

Sognando ad occhi aperti vedo il mondo che vorrei, racchiuso in un sorriso di chi non sorride mai
se non provi a spostare l'orizzonte un po' più in là, i sogni non coincideranno mai con la realtà
[Meg .SiMBiOSi.]