[Badgirlz-list] Queer/feminist int'l workshop (HAMBURG)

Author: Errata
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Queer/feminist int'l workshop (HAMBURG)
Call for Postcards

(Re)Working Conditions:
Queer/Feminist Perspectives of Resistance Against
Precarious Work
International Workshop, Hamburg, 1-3 October 2004

At this international meeting, we would like to
discuss the precarisation of
work under conditions of migration or non-migration
and

a.. (de)gendering of work
b.. (hetero)sexualization of work and
c.. homophobia at work
with some emphasis on the fields of immaterial labour
(like communication
technology, cultural work and other services).

Apart from scandalizing the current situation in many
countries, we'd also
like to share

a.. views about our own involvement in precarisation
processes
(which alleged freedoms are we buying into by not
going for institutionally
bound jobs?)
b.. our likes and dislikes when it comes to
strategies of resistance and
c.. our visions about how we really want to (not)
work, be (non-)active?
Participation:
"(Re)Working Conditions" avoids lengthy lectures and
aims instead to create a
forum for collective discussions from multiple
perspectives. The participants
are asked contribute short inputs of 5-7 minutes - in
any media format (talk,
video, performance, sound or slide collage) - which
intend to inspire group
discussion. We will be about 35 persons in all.

Application:
Please send us an electronic 'postcard' that contains
a verbal and/or visual
contribution to the subject outlined above. Accepted
contributions will be
put online prior to the event so they are available
and allow for
'cross-references'. Please start handing in by mid
July, the latest date for
contributions being 1 September 2004.

Languages:
This international meeting will run as a multi-lingual
event, based on the
abilities and needs of the participants. Building on
last year's positive
experience, the group as a whole will take turns in
translating.

Costs:
There is a small registration fee (15-25 Euro), but we
will also be able to
pay you a small fee for your presentation. Also, there
will be a certain
travel allowance for participants in need, based on
the cheapest means of
travel. Like last year, we will provide private
accommodation (free of
charge) or in a hotel (to be paid by the participant).

We are looking forward to receiving your 'postcards'.

Latest date for contributions: 1 September 2004
File formats accepted: .rtf; .doc; .jpg (72 dpi),
14,5cm x 10,5cm
Our Mail Address: <esi2004@???>

Website: www.queerworking.de
Date and venue: 1-3 October, University of Hamburg
(Germany)

Organizing Team: Dr. Antke Engel (independent
scholar), Claudia Koltzenburg
(lesbian human rights activist), Doro Wiese
(journalist & translator)
Funded by: Heinrich Boell Foundation, Sections Hamburg
and Schleswig-Holstein

~~~ esi2004@??? ~~~

***